Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #1

Garage
Lessons in proper decorum

Hey y'all:

I'm posting this thread as a bit of a wake-up call.

However: Unfortunately there are always those who sour the barrel.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Hi BYP. Would you take a moment to be a little more specific your position? Clearly you've a thorn in your paw. Hope it works out.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #3

No comment...yet.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Hi BYP. Would you take a moment to be a little more specific your position? Clearly you've a thorn in your paw. Hope it works out.
As if you don't already know, Spaming my post with your partner in crime!
Old 02-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
No comment...yet.
Hehe.... wise man.
I should've done the same Haha

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #6

Does anyone know what the heck he's talking about?
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson View Post
Does anyone know what the heck he's talking about?
Not me. I looked all the way back to November for a thread he started that someone may have spammed or hijacked, but I didn't find any.

Last edited by piper6909; 02-04-2020 at 04:21 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #8

'03 S - Orient Red (sold)
Fiddlebog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlebog View Post
Don't set your hair on fire, though!
Old 02-04-2020, 10:54 PM   #10

Totally off topic... but I’m guessing SOTA
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:01 AM   #11

Had to google the word "decorum"
Old 02-05-2020, 04:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Not me. I looked all the way back to November for a thread he started that someone may have spammed or hijacked, but I didn't find any.
"Ready to install & dominate__________________
Jerk that is constantly criticzing new forum members and overly advertising my rebuilt engine for sale for a highly inflating price along with other miscellaneous parts accumulated over my 20 years of ownership."

Probably has something to do with this
Old 02-05-2020, 04:49 AM   #13
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
As if you don't already know, Spaming my post with your partner in crime!
Listen BYP... You're one of those guys on this forum that I look up to for advice and guidance. I may not ask you directly... but your direction and guidance when others inquire inspire me. You've got cred in my book

You're in OC, not far from me, and I consider that "something in common". I've family in MJ... so I don't raz you because I don't know if when I'm down there you'll recognize me and pound the **************** out of me. You might be bigger than me.

That said... When have I spammed your post(s)? Dude... I like your engine. I wish I had the quid for it, seriously. I recognize the hard work you put into and... I don't care how many years ago you did it. I ask you to step up to the plate and share with me when and where ever I spammed your post(s). If I did... it wasn't intentional and, if I did, I'll apologize. I may raz new people... but I respect my elders. You have my respect.

And Maytag... he seems to be a great guy. Seems fair and balanced... is building some kind of monster... has some great comebacks and, I like to think, believes our members are unified... connected... we have something in common and... like a "family" have disagreements and slights from time to time. That's what makes up our "community". Try to square up with him so you may find peace, Man. I mean that.

I do hope you have a great day. Cheers.

Last edited by Starter986; 02-05-2020 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Incorrectly spelled word. Bugs the ****************e out of me.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
"Ready to install & dominate__________________
Jerk that is constantly criticzing new forum members and overly advertising my rebuilt engine for sale for a highly inflating price along with other miscellaneous parts accumulated over my 20 years of ownership."

Probably has something to do with this
Thanks, Woody. Maybe I'm dense, but I'm still not clear. I've seen no post that resembles that. If BYP wants to publicly air grievances, he should name names and specify causes. I hope whatever happened is cleared up for all parties involved.

I respect BYP's input to this forum and don't want to see him or anybody get fed up and leave or refrain from posting. Even the those I've had arguments with. The loss to the forum would be immeasurable.

Peace.

Last edited by piper6909; 02-05-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:30 AM   #15
Who's askin'?

It's me he's upset at. Starter got caught in the crosshairs through association. haha.

It started in this thread:
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/77114-wtb-2003-engine-intake-vents.html

He (BYProvider) felt like the first two posted replies were "rudely irrelevant", as he stated in another thread he started, asking the mods to remove them.

And then I antagonized him. I did. The part of me that always says "sometimes mean is still funny" came out. and I forgot that my kids always remind me "yeah Dad, and sometimes funny is still mean".

I've since made an effort through PM's to be somewhat conciliatory, and he has confirmed there that his issues with me go far beyond that thread. Which seems obvious. I don't know what the issues are, but I absolutely believe him that I've offended him... especially since he started poking at me.

I think we should let this sleeping dog lie. Or this dead horse rot, or whatever. It serves nobody and nothing to "get to the bottom of it".

I pledge to be really super-careful whenever BYProvider is posting, so as not to step on his hoo-hah. He has valuable knowledge that serves this forum, but so what... even if he didn't, this should remain a fun place for him to be.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:16 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Thats because it's in my latest post in the "Parts for sale" thread where you would not expect a longtime forum member to hijack with spam. Especally one that has posted rants about member decorum previously. Maytag & Starter986!
Old 02-05-2020, 08:06 AM   #17
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Thats because it's in my latest post in the "Parts for sale" thread where you would not expect a longtime forum member to hijack with spam. Especally one that has posted rants about member decorum previously. Maytag & Starter986!
Show me the spam. Regardless of my occasional testiness with new members, you show me... you illustrate with links... put your money where your mouth is... and show me the spam. Please.

With all due respect, Sir, p iss or get off the pot.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:49 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Show me the spam. Regardless of my occasional testiness with new members, you show me... you illustrate with links... put your money where your mouth is... and show me the spam. Please.

With all due respect, Sir, p iss or get off the pot.
It is clearly explained not only in my previous post,but also tellingly in your signature motto.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #19
Who's askin'?

Let it Go.....
Old 02-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #20
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
It is clearly explained not only in my previous post,but also tellingly in your signature motto.
Countdown To Extinction. I love that song, particularly the line "Ignore the guilt, take your turn".

You see... my wife believed the Porsche to be too flashy... too lofty for what she believed her station in life to be. I told her that one, it's a 98... it's not a supercar. Two, I told her that she... we... earned it. We work hard. We play hard. Kids are raised... and we've 8 grandkids between us. She intimated she felt some guilt because there are others who are less fortunate than us. I told her, "Ignore the guilt, take your turn". Matter of fact, I had that statement engraved into a 1x2 inch metal nameplate now adhered to the bottom of the center console so that, if she feels a pang of guilt, she can be reminded that it's her "turn". That's all. Nothing else. So, **************** your "tellingly. My gloves are off.

And no, you didn't "clearly" explain in your previous post.. or posts you got so many going on this topic. Don't beat around the bush running off to the moderators (ha). I'm a man... so tell me straight up (there won't be a next time, be assured). I don't really know you other than what I perceive to be your extraordinary mechanical expertise... the stuff you share with the newbies, like me. I'm bulletproof. My feelings won't be hurt.

I'm sorry you feel so terribly, I really do BYP. I'm not mean spirited. Sarcastic? Cocky? Forward? Direct? Yup. But not mean spririted. Matter of fact... I'd meet with you and buy you a cup of coffee next time I head into MV (not MJ, as previously mentioned). I think you'd find I'm not the **************************** you believe me to be.

All that said... I'll see you around, here. Maybe MV. Have a great day... and know that you're respected, in spite of my comments. Finally, in the future I'll exercise greater caution before posting anything not related to your respective posts topic.

Cheers, Handsome.