986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lessons in proper decorum (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77132)

BYprodriver 02-04-2020 09:51 AM

Lessons in proper decorum

Hey y'all:

I'm posting this thread as a bit of a wake-up call.

However: Unfortunately there are always those who sour the barrel.

Starter986 02-04-2020 11:39 AM

Hi BYP. Would you take a moment to be a little more specific your position? Clearly you've a thorn in your paw. Hope it works out. :cheers:

Frodo 02-04-2020 12:28 PM

No comment...yet.

BYprodriver 02-04-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starter986 (Post 611204)
Hi BYP. Would you take a moment to be a little more specific your position? Clearly you've a thorn in your paw. Hope it works out. :cheers:

As if you don't already know, Spaming my post with your partner in crime!

maytag 02-04-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 611212)
No comment...yet.

Hehe.... wise man.
I should've done the same Haha

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Brian in Tucson 02-04-2020 03:48 PM

Does anyone know what the heck he's talking about?

piper6909 02-04-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson (Post 611234)
Does anyone know what the heck he's talking about?

Not me. I looked all the way back to November for a thread he started that someone may have spammed or hijacked, but I didn't find any.

Fiddlebog 02-04-2020 04:19 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f7e5...temid=10966818

piper6909 02-04-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddlebog (Post 611236)

Don't set your hair on fire, though! :D

Geof3 02-04-2020 10:54 PM

Totally off topic... but I’m guessing SOTA

Nine8Six 02-05-2020 02:01 AM

Had to google the word "decorum" :o

itsnotanova 02-05-2020 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 611235)
Not me. I looked all the way back to November for a thread he started that someone may have spammed or hijacked, but I didn't find any.

"Ready to install & dominate__________________
Jerk that is constantly criticzing new forum members and overly advertising my rebuilt engine for sale for a highly inflating price along with other miscellaneous parts accumulated over my 20 years of ownership."

Probably has something to do with this

Starter986 02-05-2020 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYprodriver (Post 611213)
As if you don't already know, Spaming my post with your partner in crime!

Listen BYP... You're one of those guys on this forum that I look up to for advice and guidance. I may not ask you directly... but your direction and guidance when others inquire inspire me. You've got cred in my book

You're in OC, not far from me, and I consider that "something in common". I've family in MJ... so I don't raz you because I don't know if when I'm down there you'll recognize me and pound the **************** out of me. You might be bigger than me. ;)

That said... When have I spammed your post(s)? Dude... I like your engine. I wish I had the quid for it, seriously. I recognize the hard work you put into and... I don't care how many years ago you did it. I ask you to step up to the plate and share with me when and where ever I spammed your post(s). If I did... it wasn't intentional and, if I did, I'll apologize. I may raz new people... but I respect my elders. You have my respect.

And Maytag... he seems to be a great guy. Seems fair and balanced... is building some kind of monster... has some great comebacks and, I like to think, believes our members are unified... connected... we have something in common and... like a "family" have disagreements and slights from time to time. That's what makes up our "community". Try to square up with him so you may find peace, Man. I mean that.

I do hope you have a great day. Cheers. :cheers:

piper6909 02-05-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 611259)
"Ready to install & dominate__________________
Jerk that is constantly criticzing new forum members and overly advertising my rebuilt engine for sale for a highly inflating price along with other miscellaneous parts accumulated over my 20 years of ownership."

Probably has something to do with this

Thanks, Woody. Maybe I'm dense, but I'm still not clear. I've seen no post that resembles that. If BYP wants to publicly air grievances, he should name names and specify causes. I hope whatever happened is cleared up for all parties involved.

I respect BYP's input to this forum and don't want to see him or anybody get fed up and leave or refrain from posting. Even the those I've had arguments with. The loss to the forum would be immeasurable.

Peace.

maytag 02-05-2020 06:30 AM

It's me he's upset at. Starter got caught in the crosshairs through association. haha.

It started in this thread:
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/77114-wtb-2003-engine-intake-vents.html

He (BYProvider) felt like the first two posted replies were "rudely irrelevant", as he stated in another thread he started, asking the mods to remove them.

And then I antagonized him. I did. The part of me that always says "sometimes mean is still funny" came out. and I forgot that my kids always remind me "yeah Dad, and sometimes funny is still mean".

I've since made an effort through PM's to be somewhat conciliatory, and he has confirmed there that his issues with me go far beyond that thread. Which seems obvious. I don't know what the issues are, but I absolutely believe him that I've offended him... especially since he started poking at me.

I think we should let this sleeping dog lie. Or this dead horse rot, or whatever. It serves nobody and nothing to "get to the bottom of it".

I pledge to be really super-careful whenever BYProvider is posting, so as not to step on his hoo-hah. He has valuable knowledge that serves this forum, but so what... even if he didn't, this should remain a fun place for him to be.

BYprodriver 02-05-2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 611235)

Thats because it's in my latest post in the "Parts for sale" thread where you would not expect a longtime forum member to hijack with spam. Especally one that has posted rants about member decorum previously. Maytag & Starter986!

Starter986 02-05-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYprodriver (Post 611275)
Thats because it's in my latest post in the "Parts for sale" thread where you would not expect a longtime forum member to hijack with spam. Especally one that has posted rants about member decorum previously. Maytag & Starter986!

Show me the spam. Regardless of my occasional testiness with new members, you show me... you illustrate with links... put your money where your mouth is... and show me the spam. Please.

With all due respect, Sir, p iss or get off the pot.

BYprodriver 02-05-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starter986 (Post 611279)
Show me the spam. Regardless of my occasional testiness with new members, you show me... you illustrate with links... put your money where your mouth is... and show me the spam. Please.

With all due respect, Sir, p iss or get off the pot.

It is clearly explained not only in my previous post,but also tellingly in your signature motto.

maytag 02-05-2020 09:47 AM

Let it Go.....

Starter986 02-05-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYprodriver (Post 611281)
It is clearly explained not only in my previous post,but also tellingly in your signature motto.

Countdown To Extinction. I love that song, particularly the line "Ignore the guilt, take your turn".

You see... my wife believed the Porsche to be too flashy... too lofty for what she believed her station in life to be. I told her that one, it's a 98... it's not a supercar. Two, I told her that she... we... earned it. We work hard. We play hard. Kids are raised... and we've 8 grandkids between us. She intimated she felt some guilt because there are others who are less fortunate than us. I told her, "Ignore the guilt, take your turn". Matter of fact, I had that statement engraved into a 1x2 inch metal nameplate now adhered to the bottom of the center console so that, if she feels a pang of guilt, she can be reminded that it's her "turn". That's all. Nothing else. So, **************** your "tellingly. My gloves are off.

And no, you didn't "clearly" explain in your previous post.. or posts you got so many going on this topic. Don't beat around the bush running off to the moderators (ha). I'm a man... so tell me straight up (there won't be a next time, be assured). I don't really know you other than what I perceive to be your extraordinary mechanical expertise... the stuff you share with the newbies, like me. I'm bulletproof. My feelings won't be hurt.

I'm sorry you feel so terribly, I really do BYP. I'm not mean spirited. Sarcastic? Cocky? Forward? Direct? Yup. But not mean spririted. Matter of fact... I'd meet with you and buy you a cup of coffee next time I head into MV (not MJ, as previously mentioned). I think you'd find I'm not the **************************** you believe me to be.

All that said... I'll see you around, here. Maybe MV. Have a great day... and know that you're respected, in spite of my comments. Finally, in the future I'll exercise greater caution before posting anything not related to your respective posts topic.

Cheers, Handsome. :)