View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #20
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
It is clearly explained not only in my previous post,but also tellingly in your signature motto.
Countdown To Extinction. I love that song, particularly the line "Ignore the guilt, take your turn".

You see... my wife believed the Porsche to be too flashy... too lofty for what she believed her station in life to be. I told her that one, it's a 98... it's not a supercar. Two, I told her that she... we... earned it. We work hard. We play hard. Kids are raised... and we've 8 grandkids between us. She intimated she felt some guilt because there are others who are less fortunate than us. I told her, "Ignore the guilt, take your turn". Matter of fact, I had that statement engraved into a 1x2 inch metal nameplate now adhered to the bottom of the center console so that, if she feels a pang of guilt, she can be reminded that it's her "turn". That's all. Nothing else. So, **************** your "tellingly. My gloves are off.

And no, you didn't "clearly" explain in your previous post.. or posts you got so many going on this topic. Don't beat around the bush running off to the moderators (ha). I'm a man... so tell me straight up (there won't be a next time, be assured). I don't really know you other than what I perceive to be your extraordinary mechanical expertise... the stuff you share with the newbies, like me. I'm bulletproof. My feelings won't be hurt.

I'm sorry you feel so terribly, I really do BYP. I'm not mean spirited. Sarcastic? Cocky? Forward? Direct? Yup. But not mean spririted. Matter of fact... I'd meet with you and buy you a cup of coffee next time I head into MV (not MJ, as previously mentioned). I think you'd find I'm not the **************************** you believe me to be.

All that said... I'll see you around, here. Maybe MV. Have a great day... and know that you're respected, in spite of my comments. Finally, in the future I'll exercise greater caution before posting anything not related to your respective posts topic.

Cheers, Handsome.