Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 01:16 PM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
porsche engineers designed the ims yes? i always think of that when i get the "porsche knows better' stuff used as an argument.
Amen to that.

dlud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlud View Post
Amen to that.
Plus 1 on that!
Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #43
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
It is your car and I wouldn't begin to tell you how your car should sound.
Yeah, but see ... you went ahead and did so anyway, in your most passive aggressive sorry of way. Haha.
#1 rule they teach in communications 101: anything you said before you say "but" (Or in your case, "however") is negated, and dismissed by that one word.

Radium king hit it on the nose with his reply, so I won't belabor that specific point. I'll more generally address the larger idea that there are some who lead, and some who follow. Your instructions to me are to follow, with no regard whatsoever for where i wish to go.

You seem, mikefocke, to be enamored with Porsche as a brand, and all the "mystique" the name can conjure. You seem to imply in several instances in that post, that to change what Porsche had given us is to defile it.

Yeah.... so..... I'm not that guy. I'm the guy who took my heavily - modified Ducati racebike that I built to an event promoted by Ducati, where their factory team technician said to me "that's the bike Ducati SHOULD have built." Yeah... I'm THAT guy.

Imagine if your holy Porsche engineers had someone like you in their ear when they were young, telling them "don't change what's been done.... they know more than you"....

Imagine for a moment that to me, and to many like me, this is just a car. Only after I modify it to suit my own likes and dislikes will it be MY car. This is, after all, the spirit that bred performance cars (and their engineers,) as well as the American love affair with the automobile.

And as for my ears: what's that you say? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #44
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
Looking at this in the simplest form, the purest way to add power.........
.......and before I'd know it, I'm midway down that darn rabbit hole with exponential velocity...and in the end I'd just end up with a compromise anyway.

Mws, this was a fun post to read! I like the way your mind works, haha.
I'm right there with ya on so much of that. (not so much on the trust part, haha)

And If I start chasing hp, better handling, etc, I'm going to be eyeball deep in a never-ending weekend-sucker! Haha

Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 PM   #45
MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
porsche engineers designed the ims yes? i always think of that when i get the "porsche knows better' stuff used as an argument.
Like I said in my post...compromise. Personally, I think Porsche did know better, but compromise won out...

Additionally, I think that mikefocke was also on point, and sharing an honest opinion. From my time on this forum, he has provided a great wealth of knowledge and support to those willing to learn. Maytag, I get your wit, and most people know that I am an avid proponent of sarcasm, but I also know when to stuff a gag in my mouth and just listen....not to suggest your comments were inappropriate just not entirely informed. Do a search of mikefocke's posts and you will find the wealth of information he's provided, many times with data to support his points. Other than that, please keep being blunt and abrasive for the world has become too homogenized and bland...and we all need a good splash of hot sauce.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #46
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
Like I said in my post...compromise. Personally, I think Porsche did know better, but compromise won out...

Additionally, I think that mikefocke was also on point, and sharing an honest opinion. From my time on this forum, he has provided a great wealth of knowledge and support to those willing to learn. Maytag, I get your wit, and most people know that I am an avid proponent of sarcasm, but I also know when to stuff a gag in my mouth and just listen....not to suggest your comments were inappropriate just not entirely informed. Do a search of mikefocke's posts and you will find the wealth of information he's provided, many times with data to support his points. Other than that, please keep being blunt and abrasive for the world has become too homogenized and bland...and we all need a good splash of hot sauce.
Thanks MWS. I've no doubt Mike is a great source of information, and has been very helpful.
I'll keep learning to better manage my tongue, haha.