Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

It could happen to you......

For over 4 years I have really enjoyed my 02 S. It looked great, sounded great and ran great. I was very proud of it and took very good care of it. It only had 49k miles and an updated LN IMS. I slept good at night.........Last Friday the motor grenaded. There was alot of metal in the filter/pan. The motor is toast. After 3 days of deep thought I decided to sell it as a rolling chasis/paperweight. The car is now sold and Im moving on, but I have no interest in driving, owning or even looking at another Porsche........This is a great forum with alot of great people. I really learned alot here and everyone good luck with their 986's.
I mainly lurked here and will miss reading this forum. Please dont ask how much I got for my car, just know that these cars arent worth much without the motor and just because you have upgraded the IMS doesnt mean your motor is bullett proof......Good Luck.....
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote