View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #24
nobrakes

911 Monty..........Bringing up my 1st post brings back memories..........I have no reason to lie. After 2 weeks of ownership I has a very respected independent shop do the LN IMS and a complete 30k service. I then drove the car over 4 years {avg 5k miles a year} without one single problem. It was my weekend fun car and hobby. I only had to change the oil every 5k and change the tires twice.
To everyone..........I never stated the IMS was the cause of the engine grenading. I only mentioned it to let everyone know that it wasn't the original .........A lot of times the damage to the IMS IS SECONDARY. THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS THAT DESTRUCT IN THESE MOTORS CAUSING DAMAGE TO OTHER COMPONENTS. This is happening more and more to these motors according to a very respected engine builder here in the Atlanta area. I sold the car as is because I don't have the space, time, or patience to rebuilt the motor. I also lost my faith in Porsche...........I loved this car and had over 4 years of fun with it for that I am grateful, things could of been worse and in the road of LIFE this was only a small pothole.......Take Care.
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote