View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:11 AM   #32
grc0456
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilut2 View Post
If you are totally risk averse, a Boxster or any other older high end sports car, is not for you. I have owned mine for three years and she is absolutely one of the best purchases of my life. At almost 19 years old she runs and drives like a brand new car, and looks fantastic. The fun factor and permagrin while driving her more than offsets the purely financial side of ownership. If you are going to play, then you have to pay! If she does blow up, I'm sure that I will briefly question my decision making. But that won't erase the joy of the experience.

Life is meant to be lived. Driving a Boxster certainly makes you feel alive!!
Well said! That's why most of us are here. Sh#t can and does happen. Plan for it. Now would I be devastated in my M96 went ka-boom - yes, I would. But I try to take all steps I can to make sure that won't happen. But remember, as others have said, these cars are 13-20 years old.

In the meantime, it's a nice early winter day here in New England, and as soon as my car is done at the indie (having her annual check-up, and getting braided brake lines installed) I plan on feeling alive later today!

Carpe Boxster!
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote