Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #41
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Bumperettes

I've always felt the black makes the rear end look a little heavy. Then I saw them in silver and I thought they looked more integrated with the bumper. To each his own

Any way, I plan on doing it soon and I'll post pics, before and after, when done.

paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #42
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
I've always felt the black makes the rear end look a little heavy. Then I saw them in silver and I thought they looked more integrated with the bumper. To each his own

Any way, I plan on doing it soon and I'll post pics, before and after, when done.
Definitely a matter of taste. I think they look good either way. I just prefer the black as it breaks up the cars rear and doesn't look as tall to me that way.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyed View Post
On a scale of 1-10.....how hard was it?
If you have any mechanical skill at all it is a 1. The nut is a 8mm. Undo the nuts. Pull the circuit board out of the old light, installnew lights and your car will look up to date. It really is simple.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #44
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
If you have any mechanical skill at all it is a 1. The nut is a 8mm. Undo the nuts. Pull the circuit board out of the old light, installnew lights and your car will look up to date. It really is simple.
Ditto. There is no wiring up anything involved, it's plug and play.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #45

i like the painted bumperettes. It gives the car a more finished look. Unfortunately bumperettes are a functional item. They are on the car for a reason, namely to keep people from scratching your bumper when they back into you at the mall or supermarket. I'm the guy that parks clear on the other side of the lot in no-man's land, yet some arshe hole always manages to tag me. I've thad that thing painted maybe four times. Would probably be 8 times if not for the bumperettes.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote