Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #21

I like toys of every kind, isn't this the Midlife crisis toys forum

I suppose Religion, Politics and Hondas are not great discussion topics on most forums.

Guns fall under Politics I suppose, as do speeding, illegal mods, unsignaled lane changes and making noise.

I think showing off toys falls under Religion as does coveting other folks cars, cussing at stuck nuts and cell phone drivers.

Its a double whammy!

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 03-06-2014 at 11:53 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186 View Post
It is hard because you want a case that will fit your stuff but alot of cases are really long which means it will not fit in the Boxster. (Except in the passenger seat which is not preferred.) So this one is a little wider and less long so it will fit in the rear trunk.
So it is fairly large but not so large it will not fit in the trunk
Fun fact, the 986 trunk was specifically designed to be able to fit a set of golf clubs. Also, the frunk was designed for this:

Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #23

Garage
In regards to the forum, everyone has their opinion on gun politics. However, I'd ask to keep the topic apolitical. (Which I understand is hard to do given the nature of the subject).

Perhaps someone can make a zeintop with rooftop missile transport system? Or HID kit so powerful it can focus lasers for people going too slow?
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #24

Garage
How about a two level case? I can fit my M1A1 in the rear area with a scope, no problem.
mcdandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #25

Garage
Just the facts ...not politics -- cars kill WAY more people than guns ...oh wait no they don't .....cars don't kill people any more than guns do, or ladders, or knives of any variety, or baseball bats, or illegal drugs, or legal drugs, etc, etc, etc......

It's part of a society that can't take responsibility for their own actions so they need something to blame it on ......

...if only we passed one more law prohibiting something ......

Last edited by doragman; 03-06-2014 at 01:12 PM.
doragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #26

Garage
Once I get a handgun I want to make a quickdraw insert for the armrest. Or do a lower center console delete that has a handgun in there. I was inspired by this picture:

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdandc View Post
How about a two level case? I can fit my M1A1 in the rear area with a scope, no problem.
No i mean as the picture shows it all fits. I just chose to have it broken down to extend spring life while in the case.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Once I get a handgun I want to make a quickdraw insert for the armrest. Or do a lower center console delete that has a handgun in there. I was inspired by this picture:

Guns Guns Guns - robocop - YouTube

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #29
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
I was inspired by this picture:

Whoa.....every right wing gun nut just got a hard on.

Just sayin'.........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #30
I am my own mechanic....

I have over 30 firearms in my collection now. WWII, cowboy, big bore, flint lock black powder, all types.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #31
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Whoa.....every right wing gun nut just got a hard on.

Just sayin'.........

TO
No, not really. I'm a Beretta man.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #32
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by doragman View Post
Just the facts ...not politics -- cars kill WAY more people than guns ...oh wait no they don't .....cars don't kill people any more than guns do, or ladders, or knives of any variety, or baseball bats, or illegal drugs, or legal drugs, etc, etc, etc......

It's part of a society that can't take responsibility for their own actions so they need something to blame it on ......

...if only we passed one more law prohibiting something ......
It's for the children.......think of the children....
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #33
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:

New case, fits perfectly in trunk of the Boxster. What ya'll think not too shabby imo.
Buffer popped out, tan mag, Tula ammo, no Trijicon, no Hogue grip.....

Come on, man!!

Go here......

General Discussion - AR15.COM
Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #34

Very nice!

Don't forget, there may very well come a day when these tools of our liberation and freedom will have to be wielded again.

These are the ONLY things left that stand between you and your government.
Don't be afraid of firearms, and don't ever forget your history...
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #35

Will the moderators please remove this thread - its got absolutley nothing to do with Porsche cars (or any other vehicle).
The last few posts are completely irrelevent to what people expect to read on this forum and is totally out of line.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
its got absolutley nothing to do with Porsche cars (or any other vehicle).
There's a couple of pics with guns in their Boxster.

:ah: :troll:
Old 03-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #37

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Buffer popped out, tan mag, Tula ammo, no Trijicon, no Hogue grip.....

Come on, man!!

Go here......

General Discussion - AR15.COM
The rifle is in storage right now (as I am moving) so the buffer is like that to release tension on the spring to extend life, same with trigger, its a Pmag seen em run over by 7 tons... nuff said. tulammo is cheap plinking stuff no biggie. Leupold imo > Trijicon. and you are right no hogue grip.

Quote:
Will the moderators please remove this thread - its got absolutley nothing to do with Porsche cars (or any other vehicle).
The last few posts are completely irrelevent to what people expect to read on this forum and is totally out of line.
once again. I did all of this so I could have a gun case set up specifically to fit in the Boxster. this thread would be non existent if I drove anything else as I could have used my old too large for the Boxster gun case. No worries tho, I will be taking some pictures of it inside my Boxster once it stops raining. as it has been for a couple days.

and for further boxster topic... does anyone believe the heat in the rear trunk could be an issue for ammo being stored in a gun case?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #38

I think it takes somewhere close to 300F degrees for ammo to cook off.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #39
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
Well, then the light speed thread, post a joke, and JD's thread about not being himself need to go as well I guess.

If you're gonna whine about guns, just say it. If you get your underwear twisted over the subject, keep quiet and don't post. If this goes, there's SEVERAL threads that would need to go first, based on your judging. Why skirt around what you really want to ******************** about??

The last few posts? There's a BOXSTER carrying those guns, are you blind? This is GENERAL DISCUSSION and we have no sub forum for evil cargo.

Why pull the thread? For the children?

Last edited by Timco; 03-07-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #40
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
The rifle is in storage right now (as I am moving) so the buffer is like that to release tension on the spring to extend life, same with trigger, its a Pmag seen em run over by 7 tons... nuff said. tulammo is cheap plinking stuff no biggie. Leupold imo > Trijicon. and you are right no hogue grip.

once again. I did all of this so I could have a gun case set up specifically to fit in the Boxster. this thread would be non existent if I drove anything else as I could have used my old too large for the Boxster gun case. No worries tho, I will be taking some pictures of it inside my Boxster once it stops raining. as it has been for a couple days.

and for further boxster topic... does anyone believe the heat in the rear trunk could be an issue for ammo being stored in a gun case?
Nice rifle, BTW. Giving you a hard time just like soo many others it seems. I only run pmags as well.
That trigger and buff spring will never care if left in unloaded and uncocked position, I promise. I use Leo and Night Force on several guns.

Trunk heat is no concern. It would take well over that.

The hurt feelings are strong in this thread. Evil, I tell you. Evil. You should be ashamed. Too bad you can't use that for personal enjoyment, target practice, or as a hobby and can only kill with it.

Kinda like a Porsche as a street car but it's designed to race?

Last edited by Timco; 03-07-2014 at 03:52 AM.