Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #21
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Your boy just died over the Holidays.............

Mikhail Kalashnikov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a fan of the AR's also but if thrown in the bush and the muck, I'd prefer to have an AK.
That's my Christmas present to myself. Bought a stripped imported Romanian WASR 10 ban period AK and put wood furniture on it. Need to thread and shorten the barrel still.

I'm a gun collector. Big WWII collection (all the Band of Brothers guns), cowboy, a few ARs (one is a build of Arnold's in Predator with the M203 launcher) and several shotguns. Also have a Polish AK74 that's a ton of fun to shoot. Only German gun is a WWII surplus flare gun.

I read an article that said General Kalashnikov would be dug up in a month, inspected, and returned to service and was expected to be fine.

Last edited by Timco; 01-04-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Hey, if you want to fit in with the redneck monster truck crowd, just strap on a set of these on your exhaust pipe:"

If you decide to do this, let us know how it all turns out.

TO
Truck balls on the porsche I may have to take you up on that lol.. Or I may just play along with the rich douchebag and put a cayman c on the rear emblem.. I present you the coxster.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Truck balls on the porsche I may have to take you up on that lol.. Or I may just play along with the rich douchebag and put a cayman c on the rear emblem.. I present you the coxster.
Just the THOUGHT of those scraping and bouncing on the pavement.....
Old 01-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #24

Garage
Despite my love of the AR-15 I developed in bootcamp, I sold mine & got a H&K Benelli
M1 Super90 Combat Shotgun. Anticipating closer range targets.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #25
I am my own mechanic....

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Despite my love of the AR-15 I developed in bootcamp, I sold mine & got a H&K Benelli
M1 Super90 Combat Shotgun. Anticipating closer range targets.
Get both!!

I'm over 30 firearms now. Love shooting each one. I load almost every bullet I shoot as well and make match quality ammo and gunsmith all my friend's guns.

Only 2-3 are really defense. Tommy guns are not practical SD guns but fun as hell!! I let the kids and scouts at the range shoot the Thompsons. They like to get pics with the fun guns. Like working on the Porsche, I enjoy gunsmithing.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Agreed. Nine8Six's Box and Johnny Danger's Box (Gotta give the nod to JD's) are the two best looking Boxsters on this board IMHO........
Dammit, I was hoping to be on that list too.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Dammit, I was hoping to be on that list too.
My Boxster (have since sold it) wasn't on the list either lol. While I usually prefer stock cars and personally don't like body / aero kits of any sort, those two cars pull it off very nicely imo.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
That's my Christmas present to myself. Bought a stripped imported Romanian WASR 10 ban period AK and put wood furniture on it. Need to thread and shorten the barrel still.

I'm a gun collector. Big WWII collection (all the Band of Brothers guns), cowboy, a few ARs (one is a build of Arnold's in Predator with the M203 launcher) and several shotguns. Also have a Polish AK74 that's a ton of fun to shoot. Only German gun is a WWII surplus flare gun.

I read an article that said General Kalashnikov would be dug up in a month, inspected, and returned to service and was expected to be fine.

My father gave me a WWII era M1 Garand many years back as a present, he obtained it from the CMP while they still had them. I also have his Ithaca manufactured 1911 A1 .45 that was his personal side arm while active in the service. He was an officer and purchased it from the military for $25.00, still have the receipt. I use to be into firearms but lost interest several years back, still have them all in the safe. Those 2 do have special meaning to me though.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #29

Compliments well received guys. Was a bit of a blushing session hearing corseller's comment i.e. comparison to JD's incredible work-of-art.

You have to give all the credits to Johnny Danger for all the inspiration he gave to many members. I am one of them who've gain a lot of this inspiration from him. Yes, that's right, JD is one of my HERO in some way! If it wouldn't have been from JD, my wheels would still be sporting the wrong offset

TO, the things that I get to (sometime) hear at traffic light from people sitting in cars around me is malicious in most cases yes. I am a fluent Chinese speaker (they just don't know). Life goes on mate!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-05-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #30

Quote:
My Boxster (have since sold it) wasn't on the list either lol. While I usually prefer stock cars and personally don't like body / aero kits of any sort, those two cars pull it off very nicely imo.
Agreed stock is better. However in this base Boxster case (mine) that bodykit combination not only made the car look a tad more exotic (and silly maybe), but the driving experience is completely changed as well. That car holds down like on velcro at 200+kmph and cuts right in any type of wind speed. Not sure if it's the GT2 front bumper, the fancy mirrors or the air-flow wrapping those eccentric shaped rocker panels, or all combined, but one thing for sure.... that car is easier than a go-kart to drive and has far-far-far better handling than stock. It is incredibly fun to drive (other Porsche enthusiasts who drove it told me).

All I am trying to say is "modified" can sometime be better than stock. Based on luck of course (unless you have access to a wind tunnel!)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-05-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #31
Damn Yankee

Garage
No question that the Dangermobile is also one of the nicest looking Boxsters I've even seen (if not THE best).

Even though I prefer stock versions, JD's and Nine8Six's Boxsters both have a harmonious "complete" look to them, as if they were designed as a "whole" on a clean sheet of paper.

There are several superb looking stock Boxsters on this forum, but I'm not naming names, as my intention is not to start a p....ing contest.

TO

p.s. One of them is Lapis Blue and the other is Seal Gray.

TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote