Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #181

Hooked up the battery tender, threw a few desiccant packs inside, and put the cover on. It's been put to bed for the Winter, its first ever outside of CA.

DBear

dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #182

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear61 View Post
Hooked up the battery tender, threw a few desiccant packs inside, and put the cover on. It's been put to bed for the Winter, its first ever outside of CA.

DBear
That's sad that's why I don't miss Wisconsin a whole lot. I took a drive, actually several this week. Today it was sunny and mid 50's which felt great with the top down. Next week it will be back to 80, not to gloat or anything I'm in Calgary right now though, not so nice, 17 degrees with light snow and fog.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #183

Washed her after my performance driving school the previous weeked and buffed out the cone scuffs.

It was totally worth it.

She is good as new and sparling once again.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #184

Collier Automotive Museum

Yesterday, my wife and I took a drive with the local South Florida chapter of the Porsche Club of America over to Naples to visit the Collier Automotive Museum. What an amazing place. We had a 2-hour tour, which included many Porsche's that spanned their history, both racing and production.

http://www.revsinstitute.org/REVSMuseumBrochure.pdf

The Museum is on a "by invitation only" basis, but if you ever have the opportunity to visit, you won't be sorry.
Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #185
Mike o

AOS replacement.
Mike o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #186

Garage
Wheels?

Trying the 19" Carrera Sports

stephe57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #187

Garage
NorthEast Ohio

Washed it and waxed it in the garage. Man, the weather is miserable. I ordered a bottle of 303 protectant for the top.
rem503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #188

Garage
Tried the second time to clear the LH headlamp haze, no go to my satisfaction. Guess I have yo buy a new one
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #189

Headlight Haze

Bryan,

Before you buy a new headlight, have you tried using "Mothers PowerBall Headlight Restoration" kit? It comes with sandpaper pads, as well as the PowerBall attachment and the plastic polish. First I tried the polish with the PowerBall and it didn't do the job. I then used the sandpaper according to the instructions and the headlights came out crystal clear. I followed up with the polish and PowerBall and am very pleased with the results.
Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #190
halsport

Garage
New Radio

Installed a JVC KW-AV60BT 2-din stereo in my 1999 Boxster. SWEEEET! It fits perfectly in the upper two openings. Am using the USB for music, but can also stream from my iPhone. It also syncs. with my iphone for phone calls. Feel like I have a new vehicle!
halsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #191

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieg23 View Post
Bryan,

Before you buy a new headlight, have you tried using "Mothers PowerBall Headlight Restoration" kit? It comes with sandpaper pads, as well as the PowerBall attachment and the plastic polish. First I tried the polish with the PowerBall and it didn't do the job. I then used the sandpaper according to the instructions and the headlights came out crystal clear. I followed up with the polish and PowerBall and am very pleased with the results.
I was thinking of trying that or the 3M kit.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #192
Current:

Roadtrip! 400 mile round trip up to Sedona, AZ. Had to give her a good wash down after we got home. Somebody mentioned 303 sealand for the soft top, how often?
jrider36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #193

Garage
I just did mine with the 303 wash and then applied the 303 sealer after it dried... the guy from 303 products said once a year possibly every two (as long as the water beads its still good).
The stuff goes on nice - apply 2-3 light coats as even as you can
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #194

I did this...
FIR Main Race qualify Subaru Powered Boxster - YouTube
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #195
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by halsport View Post
Installed a JVC KW-AV60BT 2-din stereo in my 1999 Boxster. SWEEEET! It fits perfectly in the upper two openings. Am using the USB for music, but can also stream from my iPhone. It also syncs. with my iphone for phone calls. Feel like I have a new vehicle!
Add a backup camera and you'll feel like one of JDs peeps! Oh, it DOES help with that blindspot too.

Last edited by Homeboy981; 10-29-2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: speeling
Homeboy981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #196
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Add a backup camera and you'll feel like one of JDs peeps! Oh, it DOES help with that blindspot too.
Homeboy981:
I was considering a backup camera since my radio supports it.
They used to be pretty pricey, I have one on my truck for hooking up to my trailer. It mounted over the license plate holder, tied the sense lead to the reverse light and comes on when putting it in reverse, or I can select that video input anytime on the radio.

Do you mind sharing what model camera you used?
How about a pic..
Thanks
T
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #197
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fury View Post
Homeboy981:
I was considering a backup camera since my radio supports it.
They used to be pretty pricey, I have one on my truck for hooking up to my trailer. It mounted over the license plate holder, tied the sense lead to the reverse light and comes on when putting it in reverse, or I can select that video input anytime on the radio.

Do you mind sharing what model camera you used?
How about a pic..
Thanks
T
@kcpaz,
Love that Subaru-turbo powered Box! If you need a test pilot, for track time and comparison, let me know! Nice vid, turbo is 'rush'! Good piloting too!

@Tony,

The backup camera looks like this from inside…

…and this from outside. It is a license plate backup camera.

I got the camera off Amazon for like $15, it was cheap and works great! I did run it directly to the input so I could record trucks going off the road that are trying to follow (darn, I WISH I would have had it switched to "rearview" mode - I was making a "hands-free" call and listening to music at the same time - you can only do three things at once).
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #198

Changed rotors and pads. Cleaned the throttle body and put a new filter in my cold air intake. A good day, all in all! No problems, no hitches and a good result.
tanque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #199

Garage
Ordered the GT3Tek rear diffuser for mine today... I think it will look awsome! Joel and Armando over at GT3Tek were very helpful I will post pics when i get it painted and installed (Winter project)
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #200

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by halsport View Post
Pictures? What did you use for the cage and surround, wiring harness? That looks like a nice unit for the price.

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote