Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #21

bmussatti:
Thanks for info will look into it. BTW I'm really bad about post/forum stuff, all new to me, so excuse me if I make any mistakes on posting - of course I'm good w manners.

willche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:19 AM   #22

Since I'm a new Boxster owner and I live in Michigan this thread has particular interest to me.

I plan to store mine in my garage this winter. So, I want to buy a cover to use inside the garage. However, I would like to use it occasionaly outside in the summer to protect against the sun.

Do these covers provide such double duty?

Does Porsche sell such a cover or should I look elsewhere?

Now have a 2006 Cayman S
Basalt Black/Stone Grey
TerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #23
bmussatti

TerryB, Porsche has a couple car covers depending on year and purpose. The one I listed below is for the 987 and for outdoor storage. They have a lighter weight indoor cover, and this model number is 987-044-000-00. Send me a PM if you want the model numbers for the 986.

There are manufacturers other than Porsche, just Google "car covers" and you will see several. Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #24
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Bump for a post from 2005. Post 11 (basic) & 14 (a bit more extreme) seem to be consensus over the years. Note the mothball & mousetrap advice.
I don't store my Boxsters, but I have had a Honda stored for a couple years now.