Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #1

Weekend Test Drive

Went to the 2013 Boxster unveil this weekend and got to test drive this...

2013 Boxster S - loaded

First Impressions:

Unbelievably good looking. Somehow Porsche figured out how to redesign a car that (in my opinion) was already gorgeous and make it even nicer. The changes, while subtle, really add to the look of the car without over doing it. The interior feels roomier somehow, and as always with Porsche, is crafted almost to perfection. Can't find many negatives if any...It really feels like you're about to drive something really special.

Drive:

Wow. The way this thing handles is almost unbelievable. I was taking 90 degree turns at 30mph without a sweat. Acceleration and breaking was great. I really have ZERO complaints about the way this thing drives.

Price:

Here's where she falls apart. I can best some it up by my wife's question when I got home:

Her: "So how was it?"
Me: Awesome, but not $60,000 more than mine awesome.
Her: "What do you mean?"
Me: I mean they had a 2011 911 Cab sitting there for almost the same price...

Conclusion:

In 5 years, when used ones of these hit the market, I'm gonna be a REALLY happy camper.

Rick

Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfromet View Post
Conclusion:

In 5 years, when used ones of these hit the market, I'm gonna be a REALLY happy camper.

Rick
I'm just happy that there are people willing/able to buy/lease them new! I figure it will be more than 5 years before I can afford/justify one but who knows?!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #3

The Porsche dealer in Boise has a new '13 "S" on the lot. Yes it does look great. I want one. It is loaded and even has Sporrt Chrono. Automatic trans. (Not for me.) It is silver and has one feature I would change...20" wheels. I would change those to 18". 20's look like wagon wheels and they make the big red brakes look very small. Factory sticker priced at $80K.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3 View Post
The Porsche dealer in Boise has a new '13 "S" on the lot. Yes it does look great. I want one. It is loaded and even has Sporrt Chrono. Automatic trans. (Not for me.) It is silver and has one feature I would change...20" wheels. I would change those to 18". 20's look like wagon wheels and they make the big red brakes look very small. Factory sticker priced at $80K.
Agree completely on all counts! Hennessey in Atlanta has maybe 7 on the lot. Beautiful car, especially the white over Cocoa one! But every single one is a PDK. Every single one is over $80k. And I think every one had 20" wheels. I'd be alright with 19s, prefer 18s, but have no use for 20s. And one of the reasons is it makes the car look so under-braked!

If a person wanted to build a 981S for $70k instead of 80k, they could easily do so and in my opinion have a better car in the process.
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3 View Post
I thought we lived in the lucky country, but looks like you guys do

Also went to a local launch here on the 7th July. Love the car but at our price of $170,000 you guys are laughing. Even when our dollar is up on yours, UK the same a lot cheaper than us.

Must say though, they sold 3 in the hour or so I was there.

Silver looks great and really emphasizes the lines and shape. Black was a bit of a let down.

The only negative was driving home in what felt like a completely outdated Coxster

Last edited by Olin; 07-17-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to put in my negative bit
Olin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
Ex Esso kid

Nogabiker's comments are among the reasons I went Spyder. Seats and alacantra inserts aside, optioned like my car a new one would have been far north of 80K. Since my car was never registered and only covered 3,200 when I bought it, the decision was easy. The cost differential of having 3k on the odometer versus new was stunning.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #7

Olin keep the faith. Any Boxster you own and drive is a good Boxster.