Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #21

Ouch! Sorry about what happened.

Hope you get back on the road really soon!

dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #22

There are 9 RS60s listed on AutoTrader (searched on RS60 and RS 60). There was even 1 in OH, which may or may not do you any good if you're currently in Phoenix. There are 2 in Chicago, with 1 being a black / black 2k mi CPO car (6 yrs of warranty). I'm sure there's room on their asking prices.

Just thought I'd throw these out if the dealer isn't budging on the new one.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
There are 9 RS60s listed on AutoTrader (searched on RS60 and RS 60). There was even 1 in OH, which may or may not do you any good if you're currently in Phoenix. There are 2 in Chicago, with 1 being a black / black 2k mi CPO car (6 yrs of warranty). I'm sure there's room on their asking prices.

Just thought I'd throw these out if the dealer isn't budging on the new one.
Very cool, I appreciate you looking! I even found the exact car that I want back in Ohio at Fred Baker, where I got my blue Boxster, and their asking price is already under MSRP.. so there's definitely a lot of room to negotiate. The appraiser in AZ believes the car to be a total loss, he just has to run it by the home office, and then it's official. My birthday's coming up on Thursday, so let's see what kind of a present Porsche is willing to offer.. !

Regarding the PSE hack, I'm a bit leery of using tape as I'm spending a number of months out of the year in AZ where it's hot enough that EVERYTHING melts.. anyone got a source on a T connector for the PSE vacuum hoses that has the perpendicular part simply closed off?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 AM   #24

Guess I got in a hurry on my last post and forgot to say these 9 are used, not new. Have anywhere from 1k to 6K mi on them. Sometimes a yr old used car can be a great deal, sometimes a brand new one can be. Just takes some time / effort to find the right one.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #25

Ejmc,

Please keep us updated if you get discounts on a new RS60. I'm considering one (also the gray interior). I'm waiting until I'm serious before negotiating.
larryshomework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #26

Glad to hear you're okay--that looks like it was quite a hit!

My take: The only reason I'd buy a current-generation 987 versus waiting for the 2009 refresh is if I was really looking for a sweet deal. If you're looking for a sweet deal, the RS60 is not something I'd bet on.

I'd recommend either buying something else off the dealer's lot or if you're not looking to save bucks, customize an order on a 2009. I'd be jealous.

Oh and I bought my 2005 as a first-model-year. It did have quirks and things to address, but the dealer did everything under warranty and now, 48,700 miles later, I'm quite satisfied with how things have turned out!

(...but now I'm itching for the 2009....)
Old 08-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #27

With all the bad economic news, combined with known sales slow downs, it would be shocking for you not to negotiate a reasonable percentage off a new car. I imagine sales are harder to make in Cleveland than Arizona.. especially once Fall comes to cleveland and people stop buying convertibles due to the impending snow.

Bummer about the accident. The car did its job though and kept you safe.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #28

Hi folks, short but sweet message as it's late and I have an early flight tomorrow morning for a friend's wedding in Baltimore (anyone have some suggestions for a really good restaurant?) -- the midnight blue Boxster was officially declared a total loss yesterday morning, yesterday afternoon I spoke with my dealer back in Cleveland who sold me my original car, as well as another dealer in Michigan who's got a great deal on a nearly identical RS, and yesterday evening I went in to Porsche North Scottsdale, told them that I was looking for 10% off, my dealer in Cleveland offered me that discount on their RS 60 after pushing it a bit, and they would throw in shipping as well; after the salesman spoke with the sales manager for a few minutes, the deal was done. In and out pretty damn quickly!

The new car sounds AMAZING, I'm loving the PCM (which I thought I really didn't need or want), and even the CD changer is proving handy (at least until I get my iPod hooked up.. is the Dension still the best way to go? Any limitations about using it with a 3g iPhone?) The sport seats fit me like a glove, and I am SO happy to be back in such an awesome car. It might not make the migraines and nausea go away, but it sure does a great job at helping to forget about them, at least for a little while.

Here's a quick pic I shot at lunchtime today; I'm a big photography buff and will be getting lots of good ones once I get back from my friend's wedding and things calm down, I'll definitely be throwing those up on the forum as well.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your input!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
It looks really nice. Congrats!
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:39 AM   #30
bmussatti

I love a good story's ending. Congrats!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #31

Thanks for the update and congratulations!

10% is what I was thinking -- now I've got some thinking to do...
larryshomework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #32

Garage
Congratulations on the new ride. Sorry for being such a neigh sayer about your car being totaled. You know of course that you have the ability to buy your car back from the insurance company. The drive train and other components could be used or sold to some of your "friends".