View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
husker boxster

I bought my LE on New Year's Eve, which is an excellent day to buy a car. Got a 12% disc off sticker. Might have been able to get more but in 10 min of negotiating they ended up taking my initial offer. I didn't figure they'd be willing to deal on such a low serial number, but they were.

Dealers are always more motivated to sell a car on their lot than give you a big discount on an order, so your dealer should be willing to dicker on his in-stock RS60. The economy has worsened since I bought mine, so I imagine Porsche dealers are feeling the pinch - the mkt is flooded with used Boxsters and fewer people are buying new ones. Even more reason why they should be glad to see a paying customer interested in something they have on hand.

I'm assuming you'd buy the RS60 to drive, which would be a good move. Even though Porsche has all these "limited edition" models, there's nothing that rare about them to make them collectors items. Look at the 04 550 edition. They're now worth a few bucks more than the garden variety S. So don't be foolish enough to think it will hold its value better because it's "rare". Lower serial numbers are more desirable, but there won't be people lining up to buy it from you in a few yrs.

Not sure what to tell you about waiting for the 09. Normally I'd agree with Bmuss about waiting a year on a major engine change, but were talking about Porsche here. They can be aware of a major problem and not change manufacturing procedures for 10 yrs, so why wait?

It was painful to see your damaged Box, but glad you're going to be able to spin a negative into a positive. Hope your health returns to normal. Having good health is always taken for granted and never appreciated until its gone.

PS. There's a simple 5 min hack to keep the sport exhaust permanently on so you don't have to push the Sport button every time you start the car. It sounds so good.

Good luck in many regards.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote