Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Volume is low but then again, last years (or the year before that) model should not command the same price as a new car, especially when the warranty clock has started ticking.
Exactly, the car is not worth MSRP and it's not even worth the invoice anymore. Why the dealer is playing hard to get is beyond me - sometimes you have to cut your losses, which it seems they're not willing to do. The dealership has either been paying floorplan on the car for 2 years, or if they bought the car outright from Porsche, then everyday they don't sell the car is a day their money is tied up, when it could be working for them.

Pennywise and pound foolish.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #22

It may be in your best interest to bypass the salesman also. If you have done your research and have a hard offer, just call and talk to the sales manager directly and don't let the secretary or anyone else divert you to a salesman. If the sales manager is not in, call back, don't leave a message.

Give the sales manager hard numbers and if he just won't listen to reason then there is nothing you can do. The sales manager may be more motivated than the salseman and he has been staring at that car forever and he may know their long term plans for new ones coming in. Plus these guys deal more with numbers and less with "salesmaneze" (I mean "salesmansleaze" in some cases).
saaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #23

Good point Saaber. The sales manager also has the authority to approve a slim/no profit deal. Salespeople usually don't.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #24

The car still shows up on their website (update dated yesterday) and with the encouragement of posters, I decided to take one more swing. Wanted to deal with the Sales Mgr but he and the Finance Mgr were recently fired (no kidding! ). The receptionist was nice and connected me with the sister Mecedes Sales Mgr. Explained my situation. He took my VIN # and said he'd check it out. He called back a little over an hr later and said the car was sold last Sat.

As fate would have it, I received a letter today from the salesman in Plano, Tx who sold my 01 S to me. He just wanted to say hi. Thought I might be getting ready to change cars and wanted me to keep him in mind. Once again, Boardwalk Porsche gets it. I will be sending him a nice email tonight or tomorrow.

But the main reason for this post is to request some info. I've heard posters mention a Porsche website that allows you to view inventories of dealers throughout the nation. I haven't run across it when I've looked on Porsche's site. Would like to see if there's another option somewhere out there. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the previous responses.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #25
bmussatti

Husker, use this to search dealer inventory:

http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/cgi-bin/locator_us_CI.cgi
Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #26

Husker:
The Porsche link that "bmussatti" gave you is a good suggestion. I would also recommend that you try and work with the people in Plano, TX to find you the car you want at the price you are willing to pay. You should award good behavior and not award bad behavior, just because they have a close-out 2006. Work with someone who is client oriented and will work for your business now and in the future, rather than someone that wants to get the most out of you on the sale today. New Boxster S's are not that plentiful, but with the '08 Boxster RS 60 coming, some Orange Limited Ed.'s leftover, and the '09's with DFI coming in 9 months, dealers should be starting to heavily discount '07's. I would have given up on that previous dealership long ago. It's their loss, not yours, as you will ultimately find a better Boxster at a better price.
vincesf

Last edited by vincesf; 12-07-2007 at 10:51 PM.
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote