View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
baseball

The warranty is ticking because Porsche often exercises a policy of assigning an in-service date to leftover cars. On that 06S the likely in-service date is 7/31/2006.

In my experience, the absolute best place to get invoice prices is through Chrome Data Systems - that's their main business and they update them regularly. Unfortunately you'll have to pay to get them.

But if you want the invoice price for free, you can look it up on Edmunds.com. Beware they don't update their data as often as I think they should, so their invoice prices are more of an estimate..... a very good estimate, but not the best out there.

As a first offer, I was quoted $2000 for a CPO on a 2006S with 7k miles. Since I didn't buy that car I didn't try to negotiate it lower, so I don't know how reasonable $1000 - $1200 is.

You can currently buy an 07 leftover for less than invoice (I can speak with some authority on this, because I just did.... not bragging, just saying that it can be done). So, unless they're offering the 06 for substantially LESS then invoice, I'd keep looking.

And don't let the dealer give you any BS about caving in and giving you the full warranty. The In-Service date is Porsche's deal and the dealer has no say in the matter. The dealer CAN add CPO, but the original warranty CANNOT be changed.

Last edited by baseball; 11-25-2007 at 05:20 PM.
baseball is offline   Reply With Quote