Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 07:24 AM   #61

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Oh, that was early on. You missed some good ones.

I've been the cause of some thread lockage too, but I deserved it.
The last one with Jim and I that was locked was cause of Jim and the forum moderators let him have it in that thread just before locking it... Good Times

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #62

The best part was bragging about going to see Celine Dion. If I was kidnapped at gunpoint and forced to go to a Celine Dion concert, I would beg my abductors to trigger the explosives they had strapped to my chest.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #63
EE3racing

Quote:
The best part was bragging about going to see Celine Dion. If I was kidnapped at gunpoint and forced to go to a Celine Dion concert, I would beg my abductors to trigger the explosives they had strapped to my chest.
No doubt, I hear she has a permanent gig at gitmo, lots of good intell has come from her concerts.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #64

Rambling stream of conciousness from one of the co-owners:

Where is this thread headed? Should I close it? Will someone will be offended and then start another thread? Why are they picking on a person who isn't even here anymore? Isn't that crossing the line of good taste? So has Boggtown actually left or are all the posts symptomatic of some other root problem? Perhaps we shouldn't allow any posts about police, getting tickets, the military, global warming, anything off topic? Would the forum members prefer that? Have we abused our power? Is it always this easy being an owner? Is it Friday yet?
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #65
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwei

Where is this thread headed? Should I close it? Will someone will be offended and then start another thread? Why are they picking on a person who isn't even here anymore? Isn't that crossing the line of good taste? So has Boggtown actually left or are all the posts symptomatic of some other root problem? Perhaps we shouldn't allow any posts about police, getting tickets, the military, global warming, anything off topic? Would the forum members prefer that? Have we abused our power? Is it always this easy being an owner? Is it Friday yet?

Nobody has picked on Jim to a level that closely rivals his own ventures, just catching up. If Jim was concerned about his public perception he might still be here, you really do reap what you sew in this life. To answer your question I think you must search your own soul and ask yourself whether you wish to run a BB like a third world country or like one adults in a free country use. Somebody ate a bullet today to enable me to even type this, I hope people don't ever forget that.

Last edited by xusmnimij; 11-15-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #66

Quote:

Where is this thread headed? Should I close it? Will someone will be offended and then start another thread? Why are they picking on a person who isn't even here anymore? Isn't that crossing the line of good taste? So has Boggtown actually left or are all the posts symptomatic of some other root problem? Perhaps we shouldn't allow any posts about police, getting tickets, the military, global warming, anything off topic? Would the forum members prefer that?

I for one can not understand why you guys (the moderators) do some of the things you do. I am one of the biggest capitalists in the world so I would not dispute your right to lock down whatever thread you want and when to do it. But really...

Should you close it? Absolutely not. It is not hurting anyone. And I am sure someone will just start another similar thread like they always do.

Why are they picking on a person who isn't even here anymore? Isn't that crossing the line of good taste? In light of all the crap you guys let him get away with I don't think it is in bad taste at all. People who feel that it is in bad taste can elect not to read the thread. The reason why everyone is talking about him is because he was a tremendous a$$ who constantly argued with everyone and made a lot of people feel too intimidated to post in disagreement. Now that the wicked witch is gone we can voice our true opinion without fear of unfair retaliation. Except for maybe from the moderators (just kidding of course). But seriously-why you let him go on so long and beat so many people up is beyond me. I know I am not the only person who felt like you guys were protecting him. Good riddance to bad trash. Happy Motoring my a$$.

So has Boggtown actually left or are all the posts symptomatic of some other root problem? I certainly hope not. I enjoyed reading his posts. I think that he was just venting his frustration. In my opinion the probl;em is that some really popular threads get shut down too quickly.

Perhaps we shouldn't allow any posts about police, getting tickets, the military, global warming, anything off topic? I think it is silly not to allow these kinds of posts. After all they do seem to be the most popular until they are shut down....

Have we abused our power? Absolutely but it's your board to do what you want with. Irregardless people will continue to read and post here including myself. We will just miss the entertainment.

Is it always this easy being an owner?
Yes. And as your business grows it gets even easier. More people=more problems.

Is it Friday yet?
No.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #67

Quote:
Hey man, great to hear from you.

I couldn't possibly agree more with what der Geist has said. I freely admit that I am one of the worst offenders, when it comes to "picking on" our former member. You'll remember, I hope, that I am not coming out of the shadows now that he is gone, but that I also did battle with him while he was here. He was a bully, who spent every day torturing people from behind his keyboard and bolstering his own perceived superiority, by any means necessary. xusmnimij couldn't have it more right than when he said you reap what you sow...and he likely doesn't even know how it all ended. I believe the reason he was allowed to get away with as much as he did was because he seemed to many to have a wealth of automotive knowledge (whether you wanted to hear about it or not). Unfortunately, as some members found out the hard way, much of his automotive knowledge was stored in his ass, as opposed to in his head. Members paid for unnecessary repairs and/or did actual damage to their vehicles by following some of his incorrect or flat-out fabricated advice.

I think the board has been improved dramatically since our boy's demise. When he and I used to square off, my PM box would light up like a Christmas tree with the cheers of onlookers. If I miss anything, I miss that. If my occasional mention of his name, his foibles, or whatever is in bad taste, just tell me. I'll never bring it up again.

As for the off topic posts, you're asking the same question I was yesterday. I truly didn't know the answer. What the responders seemed to say to me was, that we should be a community of people with a common interest, who can talk about whatever comes up, like a bunch of good friends grabbing a beer after the softball game. Will we always agree? Of course not, but that feels comfortable to me. 7000 votes to go...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #68

Hey Griz...

We need to get you a talk show of some sort. I think Don Imus' spot is still open.

As for the PM box lighting up, I'll try and load it up with photos of strippers for you.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist
Hey Griz...

As for the PM box lighting up, I'll try and load it up with photos of strippers for you.

Thanks man. You're always looking out for me.

I'd need a talk show I can do from bed. Do you think they could roll me out on stage and I could just lay there? That's what they do with Rosie O'Donnell, right?

I'm so friggin' bored I can't stand it. Can you tell?

Last edited by Grizzly; 11-15-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #70
EE3racing

Grizz, your assumption is correct, I don't know what finally toppled the Al Jimkieda regime of terror. Please PM me sometime and fill me in, that way no further public damage is done to our former member.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by xusmnimij
Al Jimkieda regime of terror.

LOL -- Gold! how bout Jimsama Mn Laden

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 11-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #72

If the Jim you're talking about is the Jim I'm thinking of, I believe he sold his Boxster. I saw him post on another forum awhile back stating he got tired of living with the potential mechanical failure from faulty engineering, so he sold it.

The only reason I remember it is because it seemed so anti Porsche from a guy who seemed to spend a lot of time on Porsche forums.

But I might be mistaken.

I think folks can say just about anything on a forum and it's not going to bother me at all. I like all the different perspectives. The self righteous stuff does get pretty boring and I ignore it. Just like in real life. LOL
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #73
EE3racing

Poet was it a Lotus site? Big Jim claimed he had an Eprit too. Given the PM I just read it's unclear what is or isn't true in almost anything he authored.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #74

might have been.... but not sure why I'd be on the Lotus site must have been the other big Porsche site..... he used same name as on this forum... knows a lot about mechanical stuff
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #75

Chances are it was him if it was the same name, might have been on renntech.org

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 11-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #76

If life were only as easy as a "google search":

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19580
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #77

Good to see that he's just as much a miserable, flip-flopping, kill-joy over there as he was here.

Last edited by Grizzly; 11-15-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #78
blkboxster

Quote:
Good to see that he's just as much a miserable, flip-flopping, kill-joy, liar over there as he was here.
who? mnboxster??
Old 11-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #79

Wow! i didn't know that this many other people had issues with Jim. Whenever I used to get into it with him I felt like people just sided with him instead of me. Curious.

And yes, he is one of the reasons why I stopped posting here very much.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #80
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Wow! i didn't know that this many other people had issues with Jim. Whenever I used to get into it with him I felt like people just sided with him instead of me. Curious.

And yes, he is one of the reasons why I stopped posting here very much.

Seems like another Boxster BB could have been formed just by those trying to avoid him, clearly his exit has helped return more members to 986, that should eleviate any concerns the Mods have about whether their decisions were correct & responsible. As far as siding with him, nobody sheltered his ass more than Brucelee.

Last edited by xusmnimij; 11-15-2007 at 01:48 PM.