Thread: Uh Whaaa?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #67
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwei
Rambling stream of conciousness from one of the co-owners:
Hey man, great to hear from you.

I couldn't possibly agree more with what der Geist has said. I freely admit that I am one of the worst offenders, when it comes to "picking on" our former member. You'll remember, I hope, that I am not coming out of the shadows now that he is gone, but that I also did battle with him while he was here. He was a bully, who spent every day torturing people from behind his keyboard and bolstering his own perceived superiority, by any means necessary. xusmnimij couldn't have it more right than when he said you reap what you sow...and he likely doesn't even know how it all ended. I believe the reason he was allowed to get away with as much as he did was because he seemed to many to have a wealth of automotive knowledge (whether you wanted to hear about it or not). Unfortunately, as some members found out the hard way, much of his automotive knowledge was stored in his ass, as opposed to in his head. Members paid for unnecessary repairs and/or did actual damage to their vehicles by following some of his incorrect or flat-out fabricated advice.

I think the board has been improved dramatically since our boy's demise. When he and I used to square off, my PM box would light up like a Christmas tree with the cheers of onlookers. If I miss anything, I miss that. If my occasional mention of his name, his foibles, or whatever is in bad taste, just tell me. I'll never bring it up again.

As for the off topic posts, you're asking the same question I was yesterday. I truly didn't know the answer. What the responders seemed to say to me was, that we should be a community of people with a common interest, who can talk about whatever comes up, like a bunch of good friends grabbing a beer after the softball game. Will we always agree? Of course not, but that feels comfortable to me. 7000 votes to go...
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote