Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #41

Garage
If I am not mistaken "Z-Art" or Andreas Zeinecke lives in either Switzerland (accourding to 986 profile) or Edmonton, Alberta (according to Facebook account)

And at the start they were manufacturing them in South Africa.

boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #42

Thanks all .
eomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #43

I would take one in an instant, no money down, payment upon receipt. Sounds a fair deal if they can deliver in a reasonable timescale!
Richt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #44

Hi, do you see any problem about ???
Z-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #45

you will get your quotation soon now... by the way if someone like a 987 top ...we still have one on stock
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #46

your fund is safe if you pay by paypal....if you know a safer way for both ...let me know...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #47

Garage
If you could just give us dimensions and weight that would be nice. That way I can make my own shipping quote since it has taken you a few months... And where would it be shipping from?

So far i have read that the top weighs 99lbs but no other info is available as far as dimensions.

Last edited by Mrmaddbrad; 05-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #48

Hi, I`m just on the way to relocate....pls if u have more question mail me zeinecke@bluewin.ch
Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #49

weight of the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
If you could just give us dimensions and weight that would be nice. That way I can make my own shipping quote since it has taken you a few months... And where would it be shipping from?

So far i have read that the top weighs 99lbs but no other info is available as far as dimensions.
Hi, shipping will be from South Africa Cape Town, I can tell u the size of the Box in metric system only ...sorry for that, 1,60 x 1.60 x 0,60 all in meter, weight 986 top 45 lbs hatch 28 LBS including glass

Pls. see our company name and contact details,

OG International cc
PO Box 311 Noordhoek 7979
5 Sauer Road, Ottery, 7800 Cape Town, South Africa
Land line tel. +27 (021) 704 1337 / 704 1331
cell Gary + (0)72 385 8116 Andreas + (0)84 955 3169
mail: gary@ogi.co.za and/or andreas@ogi.co.za

Registration Number: 1996/009069/23
VAT No. 4190177958

You can order now each top in 3 different version:

1. 986 all fiber glass made, includes all hardware/glasses 3400 USD basic version

2. 986 outside roof only Carbon fiber /hatch out side Carbon fiber inside fiber glass made black coat, includes all hardware/glasses 4400 USD

3. 986 all Carbon fiber glass made, includes all hardware/glasses 4800 USD Light version

4. inside part, leather roof for all typ of tops 350 USD red, brown, marone, black or alcantare

5. the same for 987 but starts from 3600.—add 200.—USD more for each of 2. and 3.

all payments should be done by Paypal means your fund are safe.

pricing are in USD, freight will be add by extra charge, all shipping are to the nearest seaport or airport,

by order please make a down payment of 1500 USD payable by PayPal.

Best regards
Andreas

Old 06-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #50

Andreas - excellent stuffs! two questions (1) weights, and (2) you'd stated that you would do a lightweight version also, without inner liners, etc. - cost and weight please!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
Andreas - excellent stuffs! two questions (1) weights, and (2) you'd stated that you would do a lightweight version also, without inner liners, etc. - cost and weight please!
+1 on these question, want to compare weight and price to other options on a Boxster racing car...
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
Tks. for ur complement...for race u do not need really to open the hatch..means no need of any hinges, center look u need the le and ri spin locks all and rubbers u do not need, but something like a small frame u need to give the top stability will not increase the weight very much but u need it to fix all the locks. The question now.
If u wanna carbon fiber or fiber glass ?? difference to both typs of material will be roughly about 18 lbs u can count the weight for fiber glass top about 18 kg/ 40 lbs for carbon fiber top about 9 kg/ 20 lbs.......but the price difference will be quiet much more.
f
Fiber glass light version 2500.-- unpainted
carbon fiber 4400.-- carbon fiber including epoxyd resin 2 layers one out side in carbon fiber and one layer composite for safety reason and all need to be done with vacuum, material cost much more aswell
Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-art View Post
Tks. for ur complement...for race u do not need really to open the hatch..means no need of any hinges, center look u need the le and ri spin locks all and rubbers u do not need, but something like a small frame u need to give the top stability will not increase the weight very much but u need it to fix all the locks. The question now.
If u wanna carbon fiber or fiber glass ?? difference to both typs of material will be roughly about 18 lbs u can count the weight for fiber glass top about 18 kg/ 40 lbs for carbon fiber top about 9 kg/ 20 lbs.......but the price difference will be quiet much more.
f
Fiber glass light version 2500.-- unpainted
carbon fiber 4400.-- carbon fiber including epoxyd resin 2 layers one out side in carbon fiber and one layer composite for safety reason and all need to be done with vacuum, material cost much more aswell
Just so I understand this correctly, that would be 9kg in total for a carbon fiber racing version of your Zaintop. And that top will replace the top, rear deck and the cover that sits over the normal soft-top between the hardtop and the rear deck?

Anyone know how this would compare to using the same composite stuff from GT-Racing?
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #54

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroggers View Post
Anyone know how this would compare to using the same composite stuff from GT-Racing?
Looks like its about 6.5 kg for their top + rear window; without fasteners. But with the Z top, you'd remove the rear deck lid so it may be a wash, or even come out ahead.

I'm assuming with either, you would remove the convertible top?
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroggers View Post
Just so I understand this correctly, that would be 9kg in total for a carbon fiber racing version of your Zaintop. And that top will replace the top, rear deck and the cover that sits over the normal soft-top between the hardtop and the rear deck?

the Carbon top weight are 9 kg exclusive glasses and will look like the other once. Rear deck and the cover that sits over the normal soft-top all are covered...just with out any rubber and real glasses of course...I can provide you with european macrolan from BAFS very light.. u can drill n bolt it even on if you like...the hatch can remove easy because you have to install on each corner a kind of bolt plugs the same are used for front hood.
but to safe weight might be better you would remove the convertible top.

sorry if my english not so perfect.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #56

I'm new to the forum and very interested in this hardtop option!
Desmodromic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ22 View Post
Can you please make contact - I can assist in many ways, not only in production, but premises & all aspects to get the top back to market & production - please reply to hopefully enable telephone contact - kind regards - Russ
Distributer for our tops in UK ask for Karl

911design UK
UNIT 5 ● BRACKEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE ● 185 FOREST ROAD ● HAINAULT ● ESSEX IG6 3HX
Porsche Parts, Spares And Porsche Accessories: Retail And Trade: National; Worldwide Delivery | Design 911
Old 07-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #58

I'm interested in a Ztop. I emailed to "andreas@ogi.co.za" a week ago and no reply.
brp987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #59

Andreas responds slowly, but I've found he checks Facebook weekly. Contact him there.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #60

Let us know when someone actually gets their top. I know even with paypal, it's not that secure.

Chee_dog is offline   Reply With Quote