Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #21

Here is a red 987 gt3 bar (TPC i think) on top of my old Tarett 986 GT3 front bar. Except for being slightly wider and the different collar locations, it is the same. I didn't try moving the 986 Tarett to my Cayman (maybe the Cayman needs that extra little wodth) but i doubt that extra width from the 987 bar would hurt going onto the 986, since it has adjustable shaft collars.

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #22
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Here is a red 987 gt3 bar (TPC i think) on top of my old Tarett 986 GT3 front bar. Except for being slightly wider and the different collar locations, it is the same. I didn't try moving the 986 Tarett to my Cayman (maybe the Cayman needs that extra little wodth) but i doubt that extra width from the 987 bar would hurt going onto the 986, since it has adjustable shaft collars.

Steve, dood, you're such a stud. HAHA. This is PRECISELY what I was looking for.

From the photo, it doesn't appear that there's much (or any) difference in the "lever arm" shape, or length. This was my biggest concern.

So I think I'll probably be okay with the front bar, and just using the shorter tarret drop links.

On the rear, I'm being told that the boxster and Cayman have nearly identical corner- weight numbers, and that this 22.2mm bar is the one I want, as opposed to the 19.1mm that tarret has for the 986. Does that seem to follow your own experience?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #23

It looks like you got the Spyder/Cayman R rear sway bar, it is a little thicker/stiffer. I've actually got the reverse, I have a thicker front sway bar (that red tpc bar) paired with a smaller sway bar, and I was able to find a setting that works, so you probably can too. Run the front a little stiffer. If you try it and can't get it dialed in, maybe we could trade my "regular" tarett rear bar for your thicker one? But I bet you can find a setting that works

Edit: you could email Tarett and see if they can add a row to this spreadsheet for that Spyder rear bar, or I can remember that password for my old computer I could get to my spreadsheet and calculate it:

Drilling an extra hole in a sway bar end to give a softer setting

Last edited by steved0x; 02-09-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: 2
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote