Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1

IPD Plenum Installation Video.

Just a quick video i put together of my ipd install today.

******************************** width="425" height="344">

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #2

Nice. And the difference?
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #3

not driven yet
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #4

Garage
I thought that you had given up on the idea of experimenting with plenums ?
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Jay, awesome video! Thx for featuring me and Mo in it too. Lol.

Let us know the resulting gains!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 05-23-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #6

I've decided to give it a try after seeing some real dyno graphs. Well see what happens.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #7

Jayy,

I hate to ask, but in the video, before you started the engine, you had a close up of a hand held data device, and you also focused on something on the dash that had a red background.

What was the purpose of focusing on that stuff before the engine was started, and why not look at them again after the engine was started?

I don't understand what they are supposed to tell anyone watching the video, and the picture quality went down after that point, so I couldn't even tell what the red background thing was supposed to have said, anyway.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #8

LOL like I said it was a quick video. The red gauge is the aem uego wideband and the red screen is my scan gauge tool. I was just showing people where I put things. If you want Ill take better video for you of what they do. Tell me specifics and Ill do it for ya.

J
Old 05-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
not driven yet
Update! . . . .
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #10

Cartel. You have one. You tell me what you think. You think it works?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Cartel. You have one. You tell me what you think. You think it works?
Unfortunately, I am not near able to exercise the flexibility that I had before in fully optimizing newly installed modifications, but from the few times that in which I have punched the pedal, it has left me with a **************** eating grin. The power is there, and if I had felt otherwise, I could have returned it. Take what I say with a grain a salt as your setup is different than mine. What to do next, camshafts and/or an enlarged intake manifold swap?
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #12

I will try and take the car out tomorrow evening. I really want to see the affects on the a/f ratio if any. From there if there are any changes I can at least dial in the fuel curve to my liking. I will keep you all posted.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 AM   #13

Drove the car to work today. What a kick in the ass! It definatly makes the power where all the graphs show. When we we kick over to high cam where we usually lose power it now make a bunch more. I am not a butt dyno guy but it is a addition that you can notice with out a doubt.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Drove the car to work today. What a kick in the ass! It definatly makes the power where all the graphs show. When we we kick over to high cam where we usually lose power it now make a bunch more. I am not a butt dyno guy but it is a addition that you can notice with out a doubt.
Glad to hear buddy! Bar none my utmost favorite modification completed thus far. Did you run into any snags throughout the installation?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #15

Nope.. just like the video.. You saw me yank it out and put it back in.. That easy
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Nope.. just like the video.. You saw me yank it out and put it back in.. That easy
I did not watch the video. Are you going to be putting your car on the dyno to supplement what you are feeling?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #17

Honestly, I do not think so. It is a dramatic difference so I know I did not lose power. I may hit the dyno for 2 pulls after the exhaust just for some numbers and piece of mind. But that is not going to be anytime soon. I know the car is running great because of the wideband so I am not concerned about things like that. I have her dialed in around. 12.3 I will post it up of coarse if I do decide to dyno sooner. There is no real reason to dyno if I am not testing or tuning. Just to get the numbers will have to wait. I have no time really event to get there and do that over the summer.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Honestly, I do not think so. It is a dramatic difference so I know I did not lose power. I may hit the dyno for 2 pulls after the exhaust just for some numbers and piece of mind. But that is not going to be anytime soon. I know the car is running great because of the wideband so I am not concerned about things like that. I have her dialed in around. 12.3 I will post it up of coarse if I do decide to dyno sooner. There is no real reason to dyno if I am not testing or tuning. Just to get the numbers will have to wait. I have no time really event to get there and do that over the summer.
Glad to hear all went well for you buddy! I have no intentions of placing my vehicle on the dynograph until September when my next project will take place for a baseline. All the best my friend.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #19

Cartel.. Next project? Dyno? Baseline? Don't make me do it too!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Cartel.. Next project? Dyno? Baseline? Don't make me do it too!
Yes sir, she is undergoing the knife come September shortly after my birthday! Prior to departing to Mexico I was contemplating purchasing camshafts for my vehicle, but when it was all said and done, I was halfway to the price of the TPC kit. I should have done so for the very start, you live and you learn..