Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #181

Garage
sounds like maybe you need an LSD. or do you ahve one already?

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #182

No LSD yet. Have to see how much of this I can dial out with chassis adjustments....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
ok, first track outing Monday. went pretty well, with a few lessons learned & some other observations.

HEAT!!! the 2.5L cooling system is NOT adequate for this motor in track conditions. it was only 84F out and after only about thirteen minutes full tilt, the car would heat up to 225F before i'd pit to let it cool. i was even shifting 300 revs shy of redline. i will be installing the center radiator, removing the AC condensers, replacing the supply lines to the motor with the 'S' version, and eventually, removing the AC compressor. i will also be adding some vents to the wheel wells to allow for better flow through the radiators.
Insite;

I installed the center radiator from a tiptronic and it made all the difference in the world..! Suncoast sells the complete kit

However I noticed that your front bumper does not have the opening on the center for the radiator, would you be replacing the bumper with one that has the center hole or cutting one..?

I remember that I had to cut rectangular outlets at the bottom of the bumper to allow the hot air out (similar to the ones with an auto transmission).

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #184
Carnut

Any more updates? How are things?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #185

car is insane. i love it. everything is running like a swiss watch.

most recent track day was last october! we hit road atlanta; the car was a BEAST. it's really coming along nicely. i think i can eek out another 15-20HP with a good tune; one day i will have to do it.

unfortunately, i've been racing a bit less this year. within the span of a few months, we:

- had a kid
- wife stopped working
- bought a bigger house

need to reload some $$$ before i start going to the track. i plan to hit AMP in september; that may be the only event i catch this year.

i DID go to an auto-x. generally not my thing, but it was pretty fun. i got my a$$ handed to me by board member Lap1Doug. He is REALLY good at auto-x!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #186
Carnut

Thanks, sounds a lot is going on these days
Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6 View Post
Thanks, sounds a lot is going on these days
you're not kidding!

my dream of having a house with an extra garage door for the basement will have to wait. the new house has an extra half-bay, though, so i will get a lot more room in the garage.

my wife, bless her heart, had an idea to take up the entire back wall of the garage with.......a shoe rack. fail.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #188
Carnut

my wife, bless her heart, had an idea to take up the entire back wall of the garage with.......a shoe rack. fail.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! In our garage the entire right side (!) is a damn shoe rack..... Well, to be fair, the front and left side is mine with tools and other car stuff...