Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #1

Selling my 4 post lift

Hello everyone, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. I sold my Boxster about 5 years ago. I am getting ready to sell my 4 post lift. It is an Atlas 408-SL. I have 2 sliding RJ-35 jacks to go with it and the castor kit for mobility. If anyone in the New York / Long Island area is interested please reach out. The lift is in great shape! I’ll post pictures later today. I apologize if this is not posted in the correct area, and if this type of post is not allowed, please let me know, I will take it down. Thank you!

Viper10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
Old Car Guy

Lift

I’m in the market for a lift in Ellenville. I sold one 10 years ago and they don’t like to be moved. Any thoughts on transport. I usually get backyard buddy lifts because of the fail safe locks. Pictures would be great
Old 08-03-2021, 05:28 AM   #3

Here are pictures of the lift, I apologize for not getting them up here sooner. These are the first 10 pictures, more to follow.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:46 AM   #4

Here are 7 more pictures. I am asking $5000 for all of it (lift, 2 jacks, drip trays, jack tray, and castors). Local Pickup.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:55 AM   #5

Vetman, as for as transport goes, this would have to be at least partially if not fully disassembled and put on a trailer. When I purchased it I had it shipped to a freight terminal and I rented a trailer to get it home. They loaded it onto the trailer with a forklift and when I got it home I unloaded it piece by piece. The runway with the hydraulic cylinder was the heaviest part, at least 2 strong people if not 3 are needed. I have heard some people being successful with engine hoists and other methods to assist with unloading. I would also recommend a dolly for each RJ-35 jack to assist with removing and reloading them on the lift. I will help with disassembly and loading. This lift does have a set of safety locks that activate in the event there becomes slack in a cable.

Last edited by Viper10000; 08-03-2021 at 05:58 AM. Reason: I forgot to add the last sentence.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
Old Car Guy

Do you think its possible to use the wheels and put it on a car trailer and drive that way, well strapped down? Can you tell me the height you have to raise it to to them lower so it sits in the top slots? My Corvette is 47 1/2 inches high, my ceiling is exactly 9 feet.I know the Boxster will fit underneath but I don't want to hit the Corvette raising it into position.

I was just getting ready to order the BackYard Buddy when I saw your post. the jacks on yours make it more desirable.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #7

The height from the floor to the top of the runway is measuring 70 1/8 inch resting on the top lock. The max height before the cylinder bottoms out is 73 1/2 inch. 108 less 73.5 is 34.5. 13 inches too tall. If you set the lift on the 4th lock from the top, you are at 53 1/2 inch under the lift and floor to top of runway is 58 1/8 inch. That’ll give you a bare 50 inches from runway to ceiling. Is the Boxster shorter than the vette? I can take some more measurements if you’d like, maybe with the lift sitting on different locks? As for loading it on a trailer with the castors, I think it would be possible but not comfortable. Also you would be around 9 feet wide. I don’t think that is legal to tow with something hanging off the trailer that wide.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:52 PM   #8
Old Car Guy

I think the heights will work, I'm going to measure the cars now that I'm upstate where they are. Just can't figure out how to get the lift up here. the trip would require going over a bridge, so width is an issue.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:28 PM   #9

You might be able to load the lift onto your trailer with the castors if you have a winch and then remove the 4 posts and lay them down. Worse case would be removing the runways and posts and then loading everything on the trailer. If you can load it up while assembled, taking the posts off for travel wouldn’t be too difficult. And all of the cables would remain in place and not need to be re-routed. How big is the trailer, width and height? And does it have a winch?
Old 08-10-2021, 04:04 PM   #10

I am willing to sell the jacks separately from the lift. Prices are as follows...

$4000 for Lift...including drip trays, jack tray, steel ramps, and caster kit.
$800ea. For RJ-35 sliding jacks or $1300 for both jacks.
$5000 for all.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #11
Old Car Guy

I'm still trying to find someone with an appropriate trailer.

Ray
Old 08-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #12

I’m sorry vetman, I haven’t heard from you in a few days, I wasn’t sure if you were still interested. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Did you get my PM the other day?
Old 09-25-2021, 05:41 PM   #13

Lift is Sold. Thank you!