Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #41
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmabasa
Are we all invited to that party?
Of course!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Where the heck do you work man? It sounds like you work with a bunch of ignorant a-holes. Did the cig burn through the clear coat?
I work for a grocery store chain named Raley's and I just started my Real Estate career so I have to hold onto the grocery store job for the income at the moment. Yes 90% of the co-workers there at my grocery store are idiots and have no respect for anything. I found out who it was that tried to put a cigarette out on it and I had a rather spirited phone conversation with him at 2AM in the morning. Needless to say he hasn't touched anything of mine since. Good thing is I couldn't find any marks from it,I was super lucky somehow. As for the ones who surrand wrapped my car,well one was fired for overdosing on the job via vicadine(spelling?),the other is just a bum so it's not even worth my time.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
If you don't try to prevent things like this from happening and when it happens, you shouldn't be upset because you knew this would happen somewhere in the back of your mind. it's a gamble to leave a convertible open or where people cannot see it at all times. you are inviting the person to vandiaize your car. I always try to park where it's by the front door or cover the car if it's far away. Every lesson has a price, at least this one was a cheap one. There are people out there that get satisfaction from pissing off others, you just happen to meet one on your outing.
the car was parked on a busy major steet downtown chicago, so its not like it was in an alley.
and im not gonna open the door for my GF to come out, then say hold on a few minutes while i put this cover on.... i mean c'mon
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #44

Hi,

Sorry for your trouble as I said. But, it's a fact of life these days that if you have something nice, expensive, rare, pretty, and such that if you leave it around in public, someone is gonna mess with it.

It is empowering for someone to mess with something they're not empowered to own (through economics, education, circumstance, or whatever) . Call it jealousy, envy, disdain for people like you, psychotic, whatever, it's still empowering - the fact that they can do it and get away with it. Obviously they're getting something from doing it whether it's revenge, satisfaction, relief, or whatever, or they wouldn't do it.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying it's OK - it is WRONG! And there are many other people not empowered enough to own one who have the personal morals not to mess with, or vandalize, a nice car, but it seems they are increasingly in the minority.

Yea, it's wrong, it's frustrating, it can be expensive, and it's OK to vent about it here. But, it's a fact of life that a certain degree of risk of instances like these exists, and you have to accept that if you want to own the car.

Minimize the frequency by following the advice offered here and minimize the pain by keeping it well insured. That's about all you can do.

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-15-2007 at 12:46 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #45

sence were on this topic, I got my boxster 4 months a go . 1 week after I get it I go out to fined 3 deep scratches one on the front fender door and rear. all almost to the metal. so i need a new paint job. I have some nice pics of them, ones 3 feet long the other 2 are half a foot and a foot. people are haters.

lol also I was at work and some guy comes in and asks me if i own the boxster, "yes i do" he goes HAHAHA THATS A CHICKS CAR YOU HAVE A CHICK CAR" so I say why is it a chicks car. "UHH WELL I dono.... back home alot of chicks drive them" so I asked him what type of car he had " UHH I dont have one" so I laughed in his face and walked away.

ps: the scratches inpart my falt. I leave it out on the side of the road and I take it to school every day.
bosxter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #46

Smile

I can't imagine what my father would have done to me if I had been brought home as a kid and he was told that I had vandalized anything, let alone a CAR.

For sure, it would have been my last time at THAT little activity.

I do believe that the political leadership in the USA has something to do with this type of activity. Many pols do nothing but promote class and race divison, making it "bad" to be either well off or poor, black or white.

Hence, there are little twerps who think it is "OK" to deface anything that might be owned by the well-off. Heck, they hear this crap all day long from Washington.

It is time that folks understand that being successful is a GOOD thing, not something to feel bad about.

My two cents.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbth
... makes Porsches prime target for drunken idiots...it blows...
Hi,

Very true, and if, as you mention, adding Alcohol to the equation raises the issue to a whole other dimension...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #48

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
[QUOTE=dbth]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
makes Porsches prime target for drunken idiots.

People are haters ,it blows...
drunken idiots and a*sholes chewing sun flower seeds in there Ford Lighting at the movie theater... mother fu*ker spit a lewgy on my top when awhile back when I went to see a movie... Jerk was probably jealous of the fact that could afford a porsche AND goto the movies, while he could only afford his lightening but had to sit in the parking lot... and rather than tell me that my **************** stinks just like his, he opted to spit on my top while I was in the movie. Last time I park near people that are just sitting in there car doing nothing!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
drunken idiots and a*sholes chewing sun flower seeds in there Ford Lighting at the movie theater... mother fu*ker spit a lewgy on my top when awhile back when I went to see a movie... Jerk was probably jealous of the fact that could afford a porsche AND goto the movies, while he could only afford his lightening but had to sit in the parking lot... and rather than tell me that my **************** stinks just like his, he opted to spit on my top while I was in the movie. Last time I park near people that are just sitting in there car doing nothing!
How'd you know it was him? Did you catch him in the act? If you did, you should have brought out your tire wrench and smashed his car in!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #50

Quote:
How'd you know it was him? Did you catch him in the act? If you did, you should have brought out your tire wrench and smashed his car in!
Well, the way i knew it was him was cause he was parked front into a parking space and i parked beside him rear into parking space. He had his window down and was chewing sunflower seeds and spiting them and snot on the floor... i went to see a movie, he was gone and he left me a snot on my top.... gross thing was wiping it off, even with a towel i feel like somehow i still got some on me... i probably didnt but still, its gross.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #51

Quote:
Emotional & dangerous response.You open yourself to a very violent episode , not to mention possible felony charges.
True but I am guilty of imagining the senario of the guy still there in his car whiel there is spit on my top, and i invision myself asking him about it and him giving me a smartass responce and then my fist punching his stupid face while he still sits in his lightening, then when my shoudler gets tired, Ohioboxster coming from no where to keep punching his face till my shoulder is rested up enough to commense punching again.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 01-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #52

back when i was dating my wife, i dropped her off at the door then parked my car far away to cover it (it's not a 911 turbo but good enough for me), she loved it that i dropped her off and picked her up, especially when it's hot or cold outside, kill two birds with one stone.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
back when i was dating my wife, i dropped her off at the door then parked my car far away to cover it (it's not a 911 turbo but good enough for me), she loved it that i dropped her off and picked her up, especially when it's hot or cold outside, kill two birds with one stone.
Why would you date your wife??? Just kidding! Couldn't resist!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
True but I am guilty of imagining the senario of the guy still there in his car whiel there is spit on my top, and i invision myself asking him about it and him giving me a smartass responce and then my fist punching his stupid face while he still sits in his lightening, then when my shoudler gets tired, Ohioboxster coming from no where to keep punching his face till my shoulder is rested up enough to commense punching again.
Or you could tag me and i'll take over punching the jack-hole!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #55

Quote:
Emotional & dangerous response.You open yourself to a very violent episode , not to mention possible felony charges.
True, but I feel that life is just too short to not do anything about things that piss you way off.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #56

get mad good

sometimes people cut me off, or get mad that I'm driving a porsche. some try to race me, the thing is, don't let it sweat you unless it's life or death...people generally suck aside from Porsche drivers, so be alert and let them go by...think about your health, your car insurance, your family....nothing is worth more than some idiot who is jealous =) for real
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #57

Quote:
True, but I feel that life is just too short to not do anything about things that piss you way off.
I want to understand, you're saying that retaliation is good? I live in L.A. and a gun waved at me gets my attention. I'm sorry, you can't argue with a gun.=)
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #58

talk about spiting, i was driving the other day and some guy was parked on the side of the street, and just as i was passing by he spat outside his window, right on my front fender and windshield, and side window. he was eating scheetos at the time, so it was all red and ****************. i reversed back and came out and made him clean it up. for some reason he had QD and a old tshirt. i got a carwash the next day. but just wow, people are weird like that

Old 01-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher
I want to understand, you're saying that retaliation is good? I live in L.A. and a gun waved at me gets my attention. I'm sorry, you can't argue with a gun.=)
The only thing I'm saying is, if I see someone doing something to my property, I wouldn't just let it go just like that. If it gets down to getting a bullet in my head, then so be it. I'm ready to meet my maker.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #60

Quote:
The only thing I'm saying is, if I see someone doing something to my property, I wouldn't just let it go just like that. If it gets down to getting a bullet in my head, then so be it. I'm ready to meet my maker.
you would really risk your life for something like a car?