Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
hahhhahaha, good Kronix joke, sure does sound like him w the 'gheto' comments.

but yea, the '3 dolla' was actually free, i got a can of that paint long time ago and painted the front grilles, side vents, and gauge rings, so then i just did the headlights as well as side markers.
i was actually gonna order soem sidemarkers yesterday, and idea came to me to just give them a apray first, and if it turns out like crap id just order clears, well they turned out great so i did the headlights as well, color is actually 99% the same as the silver on headlights
and for chips and whatnot, well i hope nothing happens, but if it does i mean its like another 20 mins of my time to put another coat on, i was actually thinking about putting some protection on there, clear stoneguard maybe of some sort.
but i out about 3 light coats

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #22

Hey, turn on your hazzards and take a picture with the lights illuminated.
Maybe turn on your parking lights too so I can see the side marker as well.
I don't know if it will look better at day or night, but I am curious about
the opacity or translucency -to use a couple of impressive sounding words.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #23
boggtown

Ya, I posted pictures of my lights lit up if you recall. They let about 90% of the light through so I dont see how thats unsafe. I bought special translucent candy black paint so that it would be safe. Maybe its unsafe I drive a black car too since its black and all. Ive also painted lights silver and they let the same amount of light through as my black candy paint.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #24

Angry

I applaud the posters that actually still use capital letters, form complete sentences, use correct spelling and the like.

Your education was expensive, USE IT!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 AM   #25

looks good. Way better than orange.
the color of your car stands out more. It seems strange to me that the auto industry didn't just think of using orange bulbs, I'm sure it would have saved them allot of money and it would have looked better.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #26

I like it....looks way better than the orange.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #27

B- town i like the way your car looks. My question is where do I get paint in silver that will let enough light through. Anywhere special? I bought the smoked out tailights and just painted my day time bulbs "smoke" color since the halogen looked terrible so I figured I had this paint that I bought on ebay came out pretty good. The reason I didn't upgrade the bulb for the day time bulb is cause was too afraid that doing an upgrade in watts would burn the lense of the headlight. Anyway if someone could point me in the right direction of where to get the paint.
P.S was thinking about getting the body shop to paint them silver but I think that paint would be more durable but much darker. Give me your opinion on my idea. Also, I like the idea of doing the clear film protection on your headlight after painiting them ... GREAT IDEA...

Last edited by clb0099; 01-02-2007 at 06:36 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #28

if you want to paint you bulbs its not a big deal. the way that your lights flash is light blinks and reflects off of reflectors behine the bulb, so you can paint you bulb and silver, and leave 2 or 3 little triangler on the bottom of the bulb(side where you plug the bulb in) and yo will be fine.
i did this to my other car and it was perfect, no more eggyoke effect

Old 01-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #29

Going to sound stupid but did you lightly sand the lights to get the paint to stick and I did not mean to slight you your lights look really good too . What paint did you use ? I am really interested in just painting the headlights and then doing the side marker Hack which makes it blink when my directional is on taking the place of the turn signal.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #30

well i think the orange is ghetto. i was going to comment on how the silver looked good dj. i think i'll hold my comments, as you probably wouldnt be able to deal with my ghetto comments.

this is the best post.........by the bruce lee dude, did he not read the post. the topic is about how ghetto dj's car looks. not about how people spell and sentence structure. hahahahahaha

"I applaud the posters that actually still use capital letters, form complete sentences, use correct spelling and the like."

"Your education was expensive, USE IT!"

you guys should really check out renntech forum, i see soo many posts here that say to go over to the renntech forum for help. this seems like a grade two forum, i can see that everyone threw out there degrees after buying a porsche.
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #31

Looks like duct tape.... sorry

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #32

i can take any kind of a comment, thas y i posted the picture for the world to see (with my licence plate number in all pictures where visible).
the point is that DAAM421 made the same comment on someone elses car, and i think by now we see that he is against paint for some reason and he likes orange better than silver, and in his words it "really looked like ********************tt".

but you know, at the end of the day im the one driving my car, not him or you or anyone else, and i can choose to do whatever i want to it, i have never owned anything 'rice' on any one of my cars and i never will, i just dont see how getting rid of amber lights is rice? "you see ricers that do this over and over . i thought we are better than that?"
i guess now i even have ghetto tail lights since there is no more orange there and i painted them red as well.
i really wonder if he thinks that painting interior pieces is rice as well, or is porsche ricing out boxsters with sport option? or would that look like duct tape? (i still dont see how duct tape looks like paint, o well)

if we all drove identical cars with identical mods what fun would that be, i jsut lke the fact that not only does my car look better without orange, i did it without dishing out couiple hundred dollars and it still looks good, <<< that is according to my opinion, but others may disagree

Old 01-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #33

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Since DAAM421 loves Orange soooooo much, he will have an orgasim if he looks at this picture i attached. SFW

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
DJ, that looks pretty good. It doesn't look like Wal Mart paint. How does it look in person? I need to de-amber my car.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #35

looks good. Covering the amber and the triangle with dark tint also works well and saves you $500.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
looks good. Covering the amber and the triangle with dark tint also works well and saves you $500.
thts probably considered rice too

i have tinting spray as well, but decided to go with silver since its much lighter and flows better with the car, and it looks almost like clear headlights

Old 01-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Roadster
you guys should really check out renntech forum, i see soo many posts here that say to go over to the renntech forum for help. this seems like a grade two forum, i can see that everyone threw out there degrees after buying a porsche.
see that, it says porsche TECHNICAL, so u are more likely to find technical information there than here, but this is more of a forum that we all visit daily and have a laugh or 2 and help eachother if we can, i dont see y you wuld be hating, either you like it or not, your choice where u want to spend oyur spare tine (and look, im not even using cap. letters and full sentences), i hang out here more than any other forum and like it a lot, and a lot of people will agree

Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #38

i am curious did you lightly sand the headlights to have the paint stick? Cause the fact of it being plastic maybe alittle tough to get it to stick at first if you could tell me your process i want to do it this weekend also iam getting a bodykit put on as well... a company out of poland made only one body kit and i got it...lol

Last edited by clb0099; 01-11-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #39

a polish bodykit on a german car? sounds pretty funny
post up some pics of it if you dont mind, we would all like to see it

anyway, i didnt sand them down, i did clean them up with dawn and rubbing alcohol, holding up just fine. its a paint for plastic so i guess thats y its holding up that good.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #40
boggtown

Is this body kit "good looking"? Or body kit "extreme"? (with little winglets, holes, tubes, waves, and sharp angles) Post some pics of the site, or the kit, or something.

Last edited by boggtown; 01-11-2007 at 07:30 AM.