Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #41

I don 't know if it is being post since this is my 2nd time trying to post pics of the kit. This isn't my car but it will give you an idea of what it looks like. I bought it several months ago and don't believe the company is making anymore i think it was more like "promo" I bought it for 650 which includes side skirts, front bumper , and back bumper. The color scheme of my car is silver and black. My wheels are custom painted black and my side intake vents are black as well. I just bought mesh grills for the front air vents and have them painted black too. Just to back track the side intake vents are silver and black. The fins/slots whatever you call them are silver and the surrounding piece is black. I am going to try and post the pictures again including the mesh grills i just bought for front air vents. Oh by the way I did not to the doors like in the picture didn't like that mod.

Last edited by clb0099; 01-11-2007 at 10:01 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to Travis
***Note: attempt at humor follows, not dishing DJ ***

DJ -

Do as you like, I do not think it looks "Ricer" by the way how can a German made car be a Ricer? Since the term is for Asian modded cars...

Maybe we should use the term "Schlampenschlepper"

Schlampenschlepper, der (noun) Pimp's car; literally "slut dragger."

Oh and DJ this is my daily driver

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #43

you can't really tell it's spray paint unless you look at it closely. maybe you should buy a few cans of spray paint, relabel them as boxster/966 deamber kit and put it on ebay. it sure beats paying 400 bucks for some non-amber non-hid headlights just so they look white. i think what would look good and noone has tried yet is to make the whole headlight look yellow to match the amber part. you might get some guy to make an amber kit to go over the clears.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #44

now that is "GHETTO", LOL damn with that exhaust you couldn't hear yourself think
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #45
boggtown

That body kit is on ebay and they have a lot for sale. From personal testimonies I heard that the fit is not very good and it will take body work to get it to look right. I just hope yours comes out ok.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #46

it's on ebay?... i bought outside of ebay but you could be right.. i think the only kit made.. The guy told me it is made per order and not something they stocked at the time. I will let you know since i kinda already tried to see if it fit on the car prior to dropping it off at the body shop. I will let you see some pics when it's done. Trust me I have had a mercedes,lexus,bmw,and porsche with full body kits on them. The guy i bring it too knows what he is doing so i should have no problems but thanks for the advice.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
ive seen it offerend numerous times on ebay. goes to tell you about their honesty. i dunno man, good luck
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #48

shame on me been a cop for so long that i should have picked that up.. maybe i saw it on ebay who knows i am hitting 30 with 2 kids under 3 so things start to become fuzzy.. I remember i offered money on some item for the porsche maybe it was this but this is definitely the company i bought it from...
Old 01-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #49

Thumbs up

Guys, this forum is world wide, so I need some translation....
1. What is a Putz? (Does not sound good, in fact I think I remember someone called that on Happy Days).
2. What is a Ricer? Im guessing someone who looks like thay crashed into a halfords shop window?

My opinion.....De amber it, if you are happy with the silver paint keep it, I prefer the de amber light kit, maybe a bit expensive, but I feel worth it.

And BruCe good to see you keeping us in check!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2BOX
Guys, this forum is world wide, so I need some translation....
1. What is a Putz? (Does not sound good, in fact I think I remember someone called that on Happy Days).
2. What is a Ricer? Im guessing someone who looks like thay crashed into a halfords shop window?

My opinion.....De amber it, if you are happy with the silver paint keep it, I prefer the de amber light kit, maybe a bit expensive, but I feel worth it.

And BruCe good to see you keeping us in check!
putz : an idiot, a jerk; a penis (from Yiddish פּאָץ pots). The word ultimately derives from the latter half of the Latin word for foreskin , praeputium (prae + putium = fore + swelling)

Ricer : from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

Last edited by Travis; 01-12-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #51

Oh my god!!!!!! I just clicked on the foreskin link.....That was not good.....

All I wanted was education...and I got fornication.

2 lessons learnt today.

1. Dont be a Putz.
2. Dont click on any links by Travis!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #52

I concure!!

Had to edit that, just did a cut & paste from wikipedia and did not bother to click on the link
Old 01-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #53

just to give you alittle update on the progress of the bodykit. The guy called me said there is minor body work to been done to make this kit look good on the car . The final cost is 500 to paint and put it on. Also included is painting the bumperettes which i think is more then fair of a price. The guy at the shop said it was pretty good body kit and very durable .said he was surprised how it fit too.

Last edited by clb0099; 01-13-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #54

It looks good when you think it is just clear lights, but when you realize it's grey, it's kind of like hmmm...

I agree, the amber looks BAD.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #55

its not gray, its the same color as the headlights, so there is no difference, unless you think that the headlights themselves in general, mine or any other, look gray

Old 01-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #56

It looks pretty decent for 3 bucks IMO. Obviously, not as good as the real deal but for the coin spent it's better than the amber.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #57

Looks good to me, how about some close up pics!

With lights on and off. I think on my Arctic silver, that might look nice. Was it made for lights or just generic aluminum spraypaint.
ct_boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #58

i will post some better pics soon and with lights on.
the paint is just a generic paint, but the color is Aluminum

Old 01-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #59

bog ,

i went down to the bodyshop to see the car. The guy there told me the sideskirts had to be shaved on top where the door bottom is since it went up passed the door. The back bumper has to be shaved alittle to have bumperettes fit over it but other then that is was a straight fit. Most bodykits need to be adjusted alittle bit since they are not oem parts. I also got the headlight amber parts painted the same as the body color with the bodykit ,and bumperettes for 500. Now that the turn signal in the headlight is covered i plan on doing the sidemarker hack which makes it the directional (flashes with turn signal) and replace the stock orange one with the smoked pair. I replaced the rear brake lense with the smoked one for 39.95 . When i get it back i will post some pics . Personally, I feel that the car would look better in the summer with the kit and top down but it's still winter in nj so i won't get that chance to see it until April or later.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #60
boggtown

Sounds good. I hate that our headlights have useless triangles (unless you have washers there). Im thinking of putting a straight black paint and clear on them. They arnt reflective and theres no bulb in there, so why not make it match body color?