Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 06:17 AM   #41

the thing that sucks about itunes is the quality of the music.

I wish hardware would go to dvd audio so that things like itunes can go to cd quality at least. I rip all my cd's at lossless, which is why I have an ipod video for storage. There is a huge difference in sound quality from what I rip to what apple provides via download. I only download music that is "pop" with short term appeal.

I have very limited shock protection when listening to what I ripped in lossless. it is about as good as the porsche car CD player for skips, lol. I theorized that it is due to cache memory size and the lossless recording filling that up in less time.

With the shure E3c earbuds(I highly recommend) you can hear everything in the recording.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #42
KronixSpeed

Ya Right!

"No need to go through Apple, Best Buy will give me a new one on the spot if there is a problem."

Thats what you think! Wait until it breaks down, and reply back to this thread! I await your frustration..........that's what they told me, but thats the 16 year old working the floor, trying to get his commission check!!

seeeu
Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #43

I always talk to the managers at those places. It the first thing I ask for when there is a problem. I had friend who've gone back with the warranty and I saw them just hand my friend a new sealed item. No questions asked.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #44

Smile

Costco, Costco, Costco.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtch
It requires a little effort and more storage, but it can be done. I burn the music from itunes into CDA format then re-rip it into a "non-itunes" mp3 so I can use it on my older Rio. Ikeep it abound because it is more durable and expendible than my IPOD.

thanks for the info... so much to do and so little time.
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #46
bmussatti

Here is a good article about the iPod:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/red-072406-ipod-main,1,159780.story?coll=chi-news-hed
Old 07-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to bhduxbury
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexuspilot
I rip all my cd's at lossless, which is why I have an ipod video for storage. There is a huge difference in sound quality from what I rip to what apple provides via download.
you are violating TOS rule #8 !!!

"All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must -- to the best of their ability -- provide objective support for their claims. Acceptable means of support are double blind listening tests (ABX or ABC/HR) demonstrating that the member can discern a difference perceptually, together with a test sample to allow others to reproduce their findings. Graphs, non-blind listening tests, waveform difference comparisons, and so on, are not acceptable means of providing support."

oops -- wrong forum -- lol

fyi -- http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3974

brett
bhduxbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #48

Consider 3rd Gen

First of all, to answer your question, the Creative Zen comes highly recommended. Check out the reviews on CNet.com or ZDNet.com.

As far as Ipods go--I have a 10gb 3rd Gen, and all I've had to do was change the battery a couple of months ago--that's after owning it for over 3 years!

What I've also noticed are 80% of the guys who work at the Apple Store near where I live have 3rd Gens--maybe there is something to the older technology that makes it durable.

Who cares if it's older technology? It works.

Nothing guarantees that new tech is always better...

Kai

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/lic...0043_82722.jpg
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote