Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #1

Freaking UPS lost the Porsche Sport Exhaust that I bought from Seb

And since I didn't declare a higher value than the default, they are only paying me $100 for it. I am pretty pissed (lesson learned though on declaring the value), but also posting to be on the lookout for a PSE for sale in the Jacksonville area, which is where it was lost (shows arrived in Jacksonville and then it disappeared). If anyone sees one for sale in the Jacksonville FL area please PM me so I can follow up and/or possibly file a police report. I have good photos of it but unfortunately these don't have serial numbers.

I'm mad, anybody have any meditation tips for me?

:troll:

Edit: To be clear, I am both the shipper and the receiver of this item, shipped using my UPS label, this is not on Seb, he dropped the box off just like he said when he came to Sebring.

Last edited by steved0x; 02-16-2017 at 09:42 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Dude that blows.... theft is such a low move from anyone. Other than it being stolen, any other thoughts of what could have happened to it?

Roll yourself a little joint, smoke it while looking at your car, and tell her it'll be okay, and that everything will work out.

All jokes aside, I hope you find your exhaust.
A little Mary doesn't hurt either
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
How does one lose something as big and heavy as a PSE? Someone there is a crook. Sorry to hear man.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaday View Post
Dude that blows.... theft is such a low move from anyone. Other than it being stolen, any other thoughts of what could have happened to it?

Roll yourself a little joint, smoke it while looking at your car, and tell her it'll be okay, and that everything will work out.

All jokes aside, I hope you find your exhaust.
A little Mary doesn't hurt either
He asked for mediation NOT medication....

Steve I'm sure you have, but file a tracer. They sometimes find packages somewhere completely different than where they last checked in.

Hope they find it.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
He asked for meditation NOT medication....
thought it was the same thing
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #6

Go on Pelican website and do a search for Byron Von Dyer he lives in Jacksonville and I think he knows EVERYONE in the Porsche community. Might be a good set of eyes for you . Good luck and that sucks .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
I am No. 1348

Garage
That's funny, UPS lost a music keyboard (worth $4,000, and drumset parts $1,200) in Jacksonville. There is some shady **************** going on there.

I did get the full value from both claims, but it took months!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #8
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
When did it go missing? So far I've only found an S exhaust on the Jax Craigslist.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
When did it go missing? So far I've only found an S exhaust on the Jax Craigslist.
I saw that same one

Just within the last week or two.

Here is the UPS item:

1Z4981RA0391894606

JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 02/02/2017 12:20 A.M. Arrival Scan
LAKE WALES,
FL, US 02/01/2017 8:24 P.M. Departure Scan
US 01/23/2017 4:45 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Old 02-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #10

Sorry for your loss, I hope you get it back.

I've had 2 insured losses with FedEx and both paid. The first one was my bicycle which I have shipped cross country several times. FedEx paid for my replacement rental under the insurance and ultimately found my bike and returned it to me. The reason it got lost was that the shipping label came off the box somewhere along the way. Since that instance I have always bought insurance for my valuable shipments. 2 weeks ago I had a shipment that I packed as carefully as I could, but the item got damaged in transit. FedEx made good on that one too.

I don't know how UPS works, but FedEx has an outsourced lost and found company in Utah and everything "lost" in shipping goes there and they try to match each package up with the right owner.You should try to speak with higher-up supervisors at UPS and see what you can find out about their lost and found procedures. If you are lucky, you may get a hold of someone who will work the system and maybe find your exhaust.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #11
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation, definitely sucks.

I still don't think that you have the spelling correct, but who am I to judge?

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #12

You guys never heard about the engine that UPS "lost" and then it appeared for sale on eBay under UPS's account?

https://redditblog.com/2015/11/13/ups-lost-this-guys-package-then-he-found-it-on-ebay-being-auctioned-by-ups/
dijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #13

Look on neighbors front porches (carefully). Had a 60 pound package containing new unopened expensive woodworking tool dropped off on my front porch the other day. Clearly addressed to a neighbor up the street. I told him to come and get it. He is a lot younger than me!

Are your street numbers visible, logical, consecutive? I've seen places where they aren't.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #14

Garage
brooooooo, they mocked ups and made a video about it!!! something like a fast and furious parody mocking UPS. I seen this a while back, let me try n find the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijinn View Post
You guys never heard about the engine that UPS "lost" and then it appeared for sale on eBay under UPS's account?

https://redditblog.com/2015/11/13/ups-lost-this-guys-package-then-he-found-it-on-ebay-being-auctioned-by-ups/
Old 02-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #15

Sorry for your loss....this is terrible!! I think I know a source for a first gen PSE up here but the shipping would be prohibitive. You could opt for making your own and getting better sound. Qtp and others make remote controlled cut off valves for stealth.

Fister will give you a great sounding stocker.....you may want to add the afore mentioned valves ......because it's loud when you are on it.

As all Canadians will attest: UPS bad; USPS good

Never ever use UPS period.

Last edited by jaykay; 02-16-2017 at 02:13 PM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #16

My muffler has been sent to Darin at Fister once I found out how heavy the PSE was, relatively speaking. Should be back in a few days and I will.post a new thread. I was going to compare them... I am still hopeful it will be found.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #17

I would like to see that comparo happen.......we meditate on that. Oh here we are:

http://www.relaxmeonline.com/free

Before Sleep | Spoken Guided Meditation | Chakra Alignment | Chakra Balance.....youtube

Last edited by jaykay; 02-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #18

Oops looks like Tom has me beat already..........his recent adventures would make him the expert
Old 02-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #19

I am going to check those links, thanks. I am actually on the road for work, in Raleigh, and need some help getting to sleep in my agitated state so I will check these out...
Old 02-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #20

Steve - don't lose hope. Back in early January I ordered a single wheel for my 996 from an eBay seller in Florida. I'm in Oklahoma. After a week went by I contacted the seller asking WTF. He had sent me a FedEx tracking number and swore he dropped it off at the FedEx depot. They claimed they never received it. FedEx called me asking info and I was in touch with the seller every few days.
After 3 weeks with the FedEx number showing nothing, the seller contacted me and said FedEx found the package in Canada.
A week later the wheel shows up with Canada shipping information in a UPS delivery van.
I have no idea what happened, but it was the exact wheel listed by the Florida seller - I could tell by pictures of the wheel.
Keep the faith - strange stuff happens.