Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
My muffler has been sent to Darin at Fister once I found out how heavy the PSE was, relatively speaking. Should be back in a few days and I will.post a new thread. I was going to compare them... I am still hopeful it will be found.
I'm thinking of doing the same. I have the TopSpeed exhaust but I still have my original S exhaust. I like what I hear about Fister(pun intended). What did it cost to send to Fister? Did you pack it? Just curious about an approximate shipping cost. Thanks.

I hope you find your PSE, that's a real bummer

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #22

Here are the details of the Fister exhaust:

FD Motorsports » Fister Exhaust – Boxster

I packed and shipped it myself and provided my own UPS labels, and oddly it cost more coming back than it did going out. It would have been close to $100 each way without my discount, but I also sent 3 boxes:
Muffler in one box
Mid pipes in another
Manifolds in another

I had it all ceramic coated in titanium. It was a lot more $$$ to get the extra parts coated than I thought but I went ahead anyway, hopefully it provides some benefit I chose titanium for the color.

Maybe the pse will show up too someday. It is awfully big and heavy to just disappear. ...

Somebody has a very nice video on YouTube of driving around Miami with a foster nodded boxster, I hope mine sounds as good and hopefully I keep the little boost in power that I felt the beluga gave me.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #23

The biggest shipping tip I can give, when you ship a bigger box like a muffler size box, they impute a weight based on dimensions that is often much greater than the actual weight. If you can shave even 1-2 inches off the width and height you will save $$$. I took the top.pieces off and also (since I have mid test pipes) I bent off the two wire arms in back that support the mid cats, this saved me a few inches.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #24

Garage
[QUOTE=steved0x;527396]Here are the details of the Fister exhaust:

I had it all ceramic coated in titanium. It was a lot more $$$ to get the extra parts coated than I thought but I went ahead anyway, hopefully it provides some benefit I chose titanium for the color.

You are going to really like the ceramic coating! Not only will everything look freakin' gorgeous, but the engine compartment temps will drop dramatically. If you have access to a laser temp gun you might take some before and after temps of the pipes. You will be amazed at the difference.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #25

Garage
Thanks Steve, I was figuring about $100 each way. I'm looking forward to your thoughts. 911Monty, I figured it would have a dramatic difference in temps. Thanks for the info!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #26

As someone who ships lots of Porsche parts, the muffler is one of the most likely to bust through the box if not properly packaged. I'm thinking it might have busted out of the box and is sitting in a corner of a UPS sorting center waiting for someone to fix it.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:03 AM   #27

Woody I hope so, I wonder if they would let me look around their jax center? Like a tour
Old 02-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #28

ShipNEX is a freight company that has good pricing. I sold two turbo twists with tires and shipped them from TX to GA for less than any other carrier quoted. Free pick up at home, by the carrier (FedEx). The ShipNEX price was $70.75, $10 less than the quote from FedEx. Delivery was quoted as a week, and they arrived in three days. Survey says they are good domestically provided that your packaging is solid and your dimensions correct. Survey also says do not use them for international shipping.
2008 Cayenne S (sold)
1989 Targa (sold)
morgal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
As someone who ships lots of Porsche parts, the muffler is one of the most likely to bust through the box if not properly packaged. I'm thinking it might have busted out of the box and is sitting in a corner of a UPS sorting center waiting for someone to fix it.
I have a photo of when my Beluga exhaust was first received by me - it had poked out of both ends of the box where the pipes stick out... I used that same box to ship my muffler to Darin at Firster and he said it was trashed when he got it - he gave me a new box for sending everything back...
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #30
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I do recall now that when I received my Dansk sports exhaust, parts of it were poking out of the shipment box. It probably did come out of the box, and hopefully, someone at UPS will repack it for you.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote