Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #61

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraupp View Post
Who's your third party candidate? Ross Perot? Ralph Nader? There's no one in this race that can truly claim they fit the independent bill. The independent candidates never hold enough of a following to actually win which is why we havent seen one for quite some time.Trump would have been the closest to doing it but the Republican establishment bumbled his anti trump movement and here we are...

While I don't like the idea of trump, I hate the idea of Hillary. South Park put it best. It's always between a dousche and a turd. Pick one. There are plenty of places where citizens have no voice.

On that note, the idiot politicians who claim they aren't voting disgust me. What a slap in the face to every vet who fought for our right to vote and the same system that got their worthless a $$es elected in the first place.

Worst case scenario would be to not vote at all. But I can't check a box beside a protectionist lol. I will most defiantly be showing up to vote for all the local elections, expect the house to shift around a lot due to low voter turnout among traditional conservatives that won't show up due to lack of representation.

If the establishment pulls out Romney or even more electable someone like Nikki Haley as a third party which could happen, they will have my vote. Otherwise I am going libertarian as I agree with them most on issues outside of pot anyways.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #62

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Its a Right.

Its not a federal law or a state law or a local ordinance or a privilege or a guideline or a suggestion.

Its not a political position or a culture or a way of looking at things.

It is equal in importance to free speech, abolishing slavery, and allowing women to vote.

And never forget; the Second Amendment is what protects the First.

Also, +986

Idc what stats you state in either direction, philosophically there is no argument to be had for the left. It is a right, just like your right to privacy, and if you sacrifice one right to the government then that gives them allowance to start taking away others.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:26 AM   #63

Door pocket. Or in my pocket, LOL!
bglz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:44 AM   #64

Sooo, getting back on topic, I have a BlackHawk Serpa (Retention) holster mounted under the steering column. It is secure, concealed and easily accessible should I need it.
jpl2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:47 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
+1. I've owned, shot and hunted with guns for >50 years (I own 12 now) and I have never seen the need to carry one in my car. It doesn't sound like having a gun in his car would have kept peterbrown77 from getting robbed. It's kind of hard to get your gun out when someone's already pointing one at you.
No, a gun in the console would not have helped. However, if I'd had it on me it would have as I had time. I went out the driver's door and he had to back out the passenger side. So I was just standing there for a good 5-10 seconds just waiting on him. It's easy for the armchair gun control experts to chime in with their statistics because they haven't faced a criminal with a gun in his hand at 11:30 pm in November. Once you've been there, believe me - you'll be armed.

As for the police, well - I sat in the station house all night waiting on a detective. The next day, I was driving to DMV to replace my driver's license and I dropped my Bluetooth earpiece. As I reached under the passenger seat to retrieve it, wanna guess what I found?

The gunman's college ID. With photo.

So I scanned it and emailed it to the detective (this happened in Providence, about 90 minutes away).

Want to know what the police did with this piece of iron-clad evidence? Not a damn thing. I never heard about it or from them again.

Next time, I'll take my chances with my 9mm - and so will he.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:58 AM   #66
Crib

Garage
Might be a bit naive here in my little swedish bubble but i have two thoughts...

1. It's unfair to compare raw data on pros and cons without taking into account what cultures and thereby perspectives and prerequisites really mean. If you dont live with the obvious risk to face a gun on the way from the pub it's easier to be a pacifist.

2. On the other hand, culture and thereby perspectives and prerequisites change over time - followed by many laws and rights, from the 18th century have been updated through time.

This doesnt happen through a short term two-step political program though...
Crib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt were both third party candidates, both are on Rushmore now. Now Jefferson is my favorite on the monument but never discount a third party. Trump and Hillary both have an over 50% disproval rating, it's the perfect storm!
O R they?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrown77 View Post
... It's easy for the armchair gun control experts to chime in with their statistics because they haven't faced a criminal with a gun in his hand at 11:30 pm in November. Once you've been there, believe me - you'll be armed...
Alternatively, I think it may be said that it's also easy for the "armed" to believe that they will always hit their marks in said situation or otherwise, deter criminal acts from going down, right? They Han Solo, back when it meant something to Han Solo... I mean, sure, I'm thankful for never being in that scenario and can't comment on what I'd do whether armed or not, but I have witnessed people cut in line. In my mind, I'm pretty damn righteous. I'm a hero and everyone also in my line, has my back. They tell their children of this day. There are articles written about that confrontation. A government holiday is created. I'm on television answering questions, accepting awards, having little babies named "cfos" all over the place. I no longer pay taxes. I'm allowed to contribute to a Roth, again. I sell my signature for Shatner money. Right?

And then I wake up and I'm posting another nonsense post in a nonsense forum wondering if anyone else saw Rushmore and said that line when they see whatshisface in the commercial with Alec Baldwin. Because, someone out there agrees with me right? THAT is why I post. For some stranger out there in the serious interwebz... cares. Just don't let it be BigJake. I have higher expectations.

Ok... I'm going back to thinking deep thoughts and making fun of other friends and acquaintances on FB about more nonsense and GoT. Maybe Penny Dreadful, too. Oh yeah, also need to have a question answered about some plot holes in Civil War. I mean, REALLY!?!?! REALLY!?!?!

Last edited by cfos; 05-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:01 PM   #69
Beginner

Garage
Sheople, You are warned to stop reading this now. It is not politically correct, you won't like it and it will upset you. Those who govern you or otherwise prey upon you would not approve. It stinks of everyone being responsible for themselves which is completely unacceptable.

For those who stink (particularly you Timco). There is room in the center console for a reasonably sized handgun. This is a Glock .40 Gen 4 with ample room around it. What is needed is a spring loaded door and mechanism to instantly present the gun.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
Sheople, You are warned to stop reading this now. It is not politically correct, you won't like it and it will upset you. Those who govern you or otherwise prey upon you would not approve. It stinks of everyone being responsible for themselves which is completely unacceptable.

For those who stink (particularly you Timco). There is room in the center console for a reasonably sized handgun. This is a Glock .40 Gen 4 with ample room around it. What is needed is a spring loaded door and mechanism to instantly present the gun.

That would be so awesome, like a CD Tray with the pistol on it
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post

I like this idea also. Some kind of spring loaded door to that section that required a secret slide or something to activate.

Is that the compact model 27? I've got the 23 with a slightly longer barrel.

Replying to the original post: disguising the "pizza oven" storage behind the seats is not a bad idea, unless the thief knew about the Porsche lay out
luckyed7711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:15 AM   #72
Yeast Rancher

Actually, if you remove the homicides by guns in the US committed in high gun control cities like Chicago, Maryland, NYC, San Fran, etc, the US drops to fourth from the bottom. There's your proof.

I keep my pistol in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Be careful Chris. Because right now, there is ZERO proof that carrying a handgun reduces crime in any way.

Frankly - the crime rate is much higher in the US than it is in Canada, Australia, New Zeland, England......and the list goes on. Countries that do not allow you to own/carry handguns have lower crime rates. That's a fact.

While carrying a handgun may make you feel better, it sure isn't reducing crime that I can see.
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 AM   #73

Actually my Boxster has been robbed

The thief broke the locked console and ransacked the inside including door storage area....never touched the Pizza Oven
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #74
Yeast Rancher

If you remove the gun homicides from the US cities with the most restrictive gun laws the US drops to fourth from the bottom of homicides by gun. Simple proof.

Our society is much different from other countries. Comparing different societies is fruitless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Be careful Chris. Because right now, there is ZERO proof that carrying a handgun reduces crime in any way.

Frankly - the crime rate is much higher in the US than it is in Canada, Australia, New Zeland, England......and the list goes on. Countries that do not allow you to own/carry handguns have lower crime rates. That's a fact.

While carrying a handgun may make you feel better, it sure isn't reducing crime that I can see.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #75
Yeast Rancher

Thanks for deleting my post, whomever you are.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:05 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
Alternatively, I think it may be said that it's also easy for the "armed" to believe that they will always hit their marks in said situation or otherwise, deter criminal acts from going down, right? They Han Solo, back when it meant something to Han Solo... I mean, sure, I'm thankful for never being in that scenario and can't comment on what I'd do whether armed or not, but I have witnessed people cut in line. In my mind, I'm pretty damn righteous. I'm a hero and everyone also in my line, has my back. They tell their children of this day. There are articles written about that confrontation. A government holiday is created. I'm on television answering questions, accepting awards, having little babies named "cfos" all over the place. I no longer pay taxes. I'm allowed to contribute to a Roth, again. I sell my signature for Shatner money. Right? .....!
So you're implying I'd shoot someone who cut in line in front of my if I have my gun with me? F you. Do you know how difficult it is to get a CC permit? You show me where someone with a licensed firearm and permit ever did something like that. Your stupid analogy is just that - stupid.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:33 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrown77 View Post
So you're implying I'd shoot someone who cut in line in front of my if I have my gun with me? F you. Do you know how difficult it is to get a CC permit? You show me where someone with a licensed firearm and permit ever did something like that. Your stupid analogy is just that - stupid.
No, I didn't say that at all. You did.

All I said, is that we all have conceptions of "what" would happen in ALL situations. And, unlike real life where people make mistakes or accidents happen, these instances NEVER occur in those situations where, you know, we tell others how "we" would handle ourselves and how criminals will just poop their pants at your righteousness and (implied) superior skills. That's also why I never read about how police officers get shot or killed by criminals, right? I mean they open carry, right? No one is every able to Han Solo them, right? They also get their man and justice is always served in the courts.

Surely, you didn't pull out a gun and shoot somebody that cut in line, but undoubtedly, I am CERTAIN, you made that person get out of line because you are CERTAINLY righteous and know what's best for everyone - sorta like our resident financial genius, and protector of spending on parts, ParticleWave (who can retire at 37). Oh, by the way, yes I do have a CC permit. It was really quite easy. Paid some $40 or so dollars. Sat in a class. Went outside. Took a picture. Done and done. Just cuz you are a Nutmegger, doesn't mean that other states are so strict.

Last edited by cfos; 05-10-2016 at 07:37 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #78

I keep my pistol on the passenger floor and always look for anyone approaching me when I am stopped or driving away slowly. Plus, I would run their ass down too.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees View Post
I keep my pistol on the passenger floor and always look for anyone approaching me when I am stopped or driving away slowly. Plus, I would run their ass down too.
So you see Pete, I lived in Texas, too, and yah know... running ass down isn't even a misdemeanor in Tejas. Enjoy your Merrit, your 55mph, the headquarters of the WWE, and Lyme tick disease :dance:
Old 05-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
No, I didn't say that at all. You did.

All I said, is that we all have conceptions of "what" would happen in ALL situations. And, unlike real life where people make mistakes or accidents happen, these instances NEVER occur in those situations where, you know, we tell others how "we" would handle ourselves and how criminals will just poop their pants at your righteousness and (implied) superior skills. That's also why I never read about how police officers get shot or killed by criminals, right? I mean they open carry, right? No one is every able to Han Solo them, right? They also get their man and justice is always served in the courts.

Surely, you didn't pull out a gun and shoot somebody that cut in line, but undoubtedly, I am CERTAIN, you made that person get out of line because you are CERTAINLY righteous and know what's best for everyone - sorta like our resident financial genius, and protector of spending on parts, ParticleWave (who can retire at 37). Oh, by the way, yes I do have a CC permit. It was really quite easy. Paid some $40 or so dollars. Sat in a class. Went outside. Took a picture. Done and done. Just cuz you are a Nutmegger, doesn't mean that other states are so strict.
So, again - show me an actual occurrence. Or you can't? And I wouldn't make the criminal poop his pants, I'd empty the clip. It's not a competition to see who has the biggest dick, it's life and death. Talk about being righteous? The stupidity flows from you like a river.