Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #41

Question for those in the know...I was in the process of installing the OEM 987 part. The Porsche plastic wrapping had the latest part number of 987-375-023-05 but the part itself had the very first 987 part number of 987-375-123-02. Is the insert the new part number or is it just an old mount? I understand the latest version is more robust so I definitely want it. I did not buy this from a Porsche dealer so I'm thinking of returning this part. Thanks.

djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #42

If anyone is interested in the Poweflex engine mount insert, I will be putting it in the classifieds.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:21 AM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
If anyone is interested in the Poweflex engine mount insert, I will be putting it in the classifieds.
Did you try it out? Too much vibration? I'm hoping to put mine in sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Also, black or yellow insert?
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #44

Garage
Just to update this thread, I installed the yellow Powerflex bushing into my car today replacing a worn mount that literally fell out when I removed it today. There may have been a small increase in vibration but if there was, it felt good, not bad because I absolutely loved every second I drove it today.

I can see how the inserts could cause problems, but the replacement engine mount bushing was a huge improvement for me. Lifetime warranty too. Just my .02 to add to the discussion.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Just to update this thread, I installed the yellow Powerflex bushing into my car today replacing a worn mount that literally fell out when I removed it today. There may have been a small increase in vibration but if there was, it felt good, not bad because I absolutely loved every second I drove it today.

I can see how the inserts could cause problems, but the replacement engine mount bushing was a huge improvement for me. Lifetime warranty too. Just my .02 to add to the discussion.
Glad it worked out for you Radman. That bushing has too much NVH right behind me for my taste. I don't feel that anymore. I also was concern with triggering knock sensors. Now there is some NVH from the Transmission mounts but I'm willing to live with it because there's zero axle hop. Come around a turn really hard and the rear end "dances" around instead of bouncing all over the place. All shifts are nice a crisp. You really feel the difference when you drive the car hard. I think I'm going to settle on the blue inserts for the Rennline tuneable mounts. I have the yellow ones installed now. The NVH is the same for both but the yellow feels a tad bit softer.

Last edited by djw8282; 04-10-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #46

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
Glad it worked out for you Radman. That bushing has too much NVH right behind me for my taste. I don't feel that anymore. I also was concern with triggering knock sensors. Now there is some NVH from the Transmission mounts but I'm willing to live with it because there's zero axle hop. Come around a turn really hard and the rear end "dances" around instead of bouncing all over the place. All shifts are nice a crisp. You really feel the difference when you drive the car hard. I think I'm going to settle on the blue inserts for the Rennline tuneable mounts. I have the yellow ones installed now. The NVH is the same for both but the yellow feels a tad bit softer.
Wonder if the combo of trans mounts and the engine mount combined are too much. When I replace the trans mounts, I'll likely go stock.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #47

Hi

I filled the lower voids of my (good condition) transmission mounts with polyurethane and it introduced a fair bit of NVH, nearly all of it at idle.

Berni

berni29 is offline   Reply With Quote