Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #1

Clutch Suggestions.

Hi

I'm thinking about putting a new clutch in when I put my new gearbox in to the Bosxter. Can someone recommend me a site with good prices?

Cheers.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #2

Pelican?

When you hang up the phone, go check your porch. Pretty good chance the package is there.

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone.

I'm also a customer of LN Engineering, ECS, Vertex and Auto Atlanta.
flaps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #3

More,
It has been said many times but is worth repeating - check your DMF very carefully to the exact Factory procedure for wear.Rotational movement and axial are both important. If you get confused - ask here. A worn DMF is a great engine destruction device - particularly if it is poorly balanced. My new OEM DMF needed balancing! Yes,it is expensive to buy a new DMF and no the old ones have no core value.
The clutch fork was upgraded - did you check into that?
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

[QUOTE=flaps10;432722]Pelican?

When you hang up the phone, go check your porch. Pretty good chance the package is there.

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone. [QUOTE]

Its an awful long way from Pelican (Cal) to Sydney (Australia)....

More - Bob Whyms (?) Sydney should be able to give you a good price on a clutch kit - getting one from the US will be costly because of the shipping !
Old 01-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Steve Tinker;432748][QUOTE=flaps10;432722]Pelican?

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone.
Quote:

Its an awful long way from Pelican (Cal) to Sydney (Australia)....

More - Bob Whyms (?) Sydney should be able to give you a good price on a clutch kit - getting one from the US will be costly because of the shipping !
Bob's a rip off merchant. He wants $2200 to put a gearbox in where a guy in Glebe 'Cavaco Motors' will do it for $1000. That's a huge difference.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
Bob's a rip off merchant. He wants $2200 to put a gearbox in where a guy in Glebe 'Cavaco Motors' will do it for $1000. That's a huge difference.
Manual trans swap is 8 hrs book time + $150 trans oil service (using the expensive factory fill). I know this because I asked my indy before I decided to DIY.

The calculation is left for the reader to perform (but I think that More has a point) ...

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 01-22-2015 at 12:30 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote