986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Clutch Suggestions. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/55507-clutch-suggestions.html)

More 01-21-2015 04:53 PM

Clutch Suggestions.

Hi

I'm thinking about putting a new clutch in when I put my new gearbox in to the Bosxter. Can someone recommend me a site with good prices?

Cheers.

flaps10 01-21-2015 05:27 PM

Pelican?

When you hang up the phone, go check your porch. Pretty good chance the package is there.

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone.

I'm also a customer of LN Engineering, ECS, Vertex and Auto Atlanta.

Gelbster 01-21-2015 06:35 PM

More,
It has been said many times but is worth repeating - check your DMF very carefully to the exact Factory procedure for wear.Rotational movement and axial are both important. If you get confused - ask here. A worn DMF is a great engine destruction device - particularly if it is poorly balanced. My new OEM DMF needed balancing! Yes,it is expensive to buy a new DMF and no the old ones have no core value.
The clutch fork was upgraded - did you check into that?

Steve Tinker 01-21-2015 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=flaps10;432722]Pelican?

When you hang up the phone, go check your porch. Pretty good chance the package is there.

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone. [QUOTE]

Its an awful long way from Pelican (Cal) to Sydney (Australia)....

More - Bob Whyms (?) Sydney should be able to give you a good price on a clutch kit - getting one from the US will be costly because of the shipping !

More 01-21-2015 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=Steve Tinker;432748][QUOTE=flaps10;432722]Pelican?

I've spent about $1500 with them over the past few months. Their prices compare favorably with anyone.
Quote:

Its an awful long way from Pelican (Cal) to Sydney (Australia)....

More - Bob Whyms (?) Sydney should be able to give you a good price on a clutch kit - getting one from the US will be costly because of the shipping !
Bob's a rip off merchant. He wants $2200 to put a gearbox in where a guy in Glebe 'Cavaco Motors' will do it for $1000. That's a huge difference.

thstone 01-22-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by More (Post 432758)
Bob's a rip off merchant. He wants $2200 to put a gearbox in where a guy in Glebe 'Cavaco Motors' will do it for $1000. That's a huge difference.

Manual trans swap is 8 hrs book time + $150 trans oil service (using the expensive factory fill). I know this because I asked my indy before I decided to DIY.

The calculation is left for the reader to perform (but I think that More has a point) ...