Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

View Poll Results: How do you view your modifications?
Modifications are done for resale value down the road. 0 0%
Modification are done for me but I want to be sure they ad value. 9 12.68%
Modifications are for me and only me! 53 74.65%
What's a modification? 0 0%
Why would you change what Porsche built? 10 14.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #21

Garage
I've been restoring, maintaining and enjoying vinatge sports cars as a hobby for over 25 years, and every one I've owned has been passed on in much better shape than when I got them. My Boxster will get the same treatment, and hopefully won't mind sharing garage space with some of the older 'ladies'.

Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #22
SoK

had mine 2 years, will have it a lot longer, i love this car. IMS/AOS/TSTAT/WP/front mount/60K service all being done in the spring, plan to drive it another 60k (which should take me ~6 years adding ~9k/year on) without doing a thing but oil changes, air filters and tires.

will do more minor mods here and there to taste other than that, just going to drive it every day and enjoy it
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #23

Had mine for about 9 years. I mod it to keep myself interested in it. I recently drove $200k+ cars lambo & ferrari and I hated both. Pretty cars but nothing like the agility of the 986. I will be keeping mine until....... Well only time will tell. I have no plans of selling.

Best sports car for the money IMO.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Certified Boxster Addict

I plan to keep my Boxster forever because you NEVER sell your first Porsche!

And the mod's that I've made to my car are for me and me only. I have no concerns about residual or resale value.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #25

Garage
Four words, until it blows up. Then I might part it out & buy another one, or might rebuild it. My 3rd Porsche & I hope not my last.
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #26

Garage
My car is promised to my older son on his 18th birthday
He is 6 as of today
golonaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #27
Vista glass

Garage
I plan to keep A Boxster from now on. It is the ultimate roadster. The current unit is just right, I entertain thoughts of a newer S. thstone is correct I should have never have parted ways with my first Porsche. I dont plan to ever be without a machine like this ever again.
Vista glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #28

Garage
Forever and ever.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #29

Garage
You can sell a Porsche?

As far as the mod thing goes, I don't have an inherent issue with them, but just not for this car.

My parents had a 1974 911 Targa and I LOVED it. They kept it until about 3 years ago when they gave it to my brother. I was not happy. He proceeded to sell it for a boat. REALLY not happy.

Now I have the Boxster, and I will be giving it to one of my kids......when I die

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #30

Since I have modified it to suit me and it is the classic form, I want to keep it forever. Just talking with the wife this morning that if the engine went and we put a modified Jake Raby engine in we would have in essence a new car for 18k. We could not get another one for that that would have the same power and reliability or all the mods I have done. This car is for fun and we both love it.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Since I have modified it to suit me and it is the classic form, I want to keep it forever. Just talking with the wife this morning that if the engine went and we put a modified Jake Raby engine in we would have in essence a new car for 18k. We could not get another one for that that would have the same power and reliability or all the mods I have done. This car is for fun and we both love it.

AKL
Well put, I imagine I will end up doing this when my engine decides to quit so that I can pass it to my kid(s) when they are old enough... I currently don't have any so I will have it all to myself for a while still
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #32

This is my 4th Porsche. I plan on keeping it until It either blows up or I can afford a 981.
'05 Sportster
Brockmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #33

Most of us fell in love with this car on how it drives. Each modification really does make it better than what factory engineers intended.

Had my 02 for 10 years now and it is still the car I am in love with most...out of all the cars I have owned thus far!

06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote