Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
That is a bad story Mr Griffin, especially since my pal wants me to spend the winter in Atl wheeling around in my escape with NY tags. I'll be lucky if I get it back north with the doors on it.
My experience in Atlanta has been much different. In the northern suburbs, but still inside the perimeter ("ITP" in Atlanta speak), I park my car often with the top down at grocery store or LA Fitness, etc., and no issues at all. Around here it rarely even gets a second look or any attention at all, which is fine with me.

However, I do usually try to park close to a building in those diagonal type parking spaces or in an end space next to a curb to provide as much room as possible to the adjacent car. Perhaps parking far away from everyone is a red flag that attracts a certain element anywhere.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Some people park that way just because they know it causes the sports car owner consternation, now what pleasure they get from doing that is a mystery. ...
It may be this is the closest they will get to seeing an actual sports car…unless we are sitting in traffic. That is what the rearview mirror is for - put them in it!

The natives are getting restless and we "look like" 1 percenters in our Pcar! I do Real Estate and was asked, "How many little old ladies did you take advantage of to get that car?" Nobody asked me that in a Mercedes - they KNEW the answer!

It is a good day when a little scratch buys you SO MUCH CAR!! They are just mad they did NOT THINK of buying one too! Besides, they mainly have only seen the back - when they see the rest of the car...jealousy kicks in! I will be kicking something else IF I catch someone touching my girl in an inappropriate way. They can look….
Old 08-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
My experience in Atlanta has been much different. In the northern suburbs, but still inside the perimeter ("ITP" in Atlanta speak), I park my car often with the top down at grocery store or LA Fitness, etc., and no issues at all. Around here it rarely even gets a second look or any attention at all, which is fine with me.

However, I do usually try to park close to a building in those diagonal type parking spaces or in an end space next to a curb to provide as much room as possible to the adjacent car. Perhaps parking far away from everyone is a red flag that attracts a certain element anywhere.

I used to live on Jimmy Carter Blvd I know about the hot dogs they don't sell up north and their attitudes about yankees.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
The natives are getting restless and we "look like" 1 percenters in our Pcar! I do Real Estate and was asked, "How many little old ladies did you take advantage of to get that car?" Nobody asked me that in a Mercedes - they KNEW the answer!

It is a good day when a little scratch buys you SO MUCH CAR!! They are just mad they did NOT THINK of buying one too! Besides, they mainly have only seen the back - when they see the rest of the car...jealousy kicks in! I will be kicking something else IF I catch someone touching my girl in an inappropriate way. They can look….
I get the same thing. But I work in Federal Law Enforcement, and people ask me much worse questions. If they did a little research, they could find one for less than they are spending on their new Chargers, or Mustang GT's..... Oh well, I wouldn't want them to start showing up in every parking lot...

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote