Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #61

Wilier Guy

Like my cars ( 4 German) I've always had a thing about Euro bikes, generally Italian. Something about the engineering and the history. Sound familiar? Replaced my Bianchi/Chorus last year with a Wilier Cento 1/Record. Incredible bike. For the $, it should be as I could have bought a good used Box' for the same price . My wife still gives me crap about it. You only live once I say, and if this keeps me alive and fit, I say the tradeoff is well worth it

The new generation of carbon framesets ( even those made in the Far East) are all very good to excellent. Somehow, they seem to do the impossible; create stiff, very lightweight, yet comfortable and compliant rides. Great for both flying up hills and hours of long-distance touring. And they're a lot more durable than the Gen 1 or Gen 2 carbon frames. Less expensive too overall.

I just wish I had more time to ride. With work, other hobbies (cars, plus other , the family, etc.) I just never have enough time to ride. At best I can get on the road 2-3 days/week with another day of indoor spinning. And that's only for 6 months. The other six we're usually buried under the white stuff.

I used to take regular, annual week long touring trips out West with a few cycling touring companies (Rockies, Cascades, Cali coastal range routes). Tough, but great fun. Also did a 10 day ride in the Scottish Highlands. Beautiful country , but it rained like a b**ch the whole time.

I gotta get to Italy and ride before I go.....

MNICEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #62

Garage
Johnny Danger following up on the issue of the cycling forum/site that I was working on . Well, it just launched, and I thought that I would post a link as promised . Hopefully some of you will join, and pass the word onto some of your cyclist friends .**** Feedback would be greatly appreciated .

JD

Capo Velo Road Bikes + Forums + Community + Market Place
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Johnny Danger following up on the issue of the cycling forum/site that I was working on . Well, it just launched, and I thought that I would post a link as promised . Hopefully some of you will join, and pass the word onto some of your cyclist friends .**** Feedback would be greatly appreciated .

JD

Capo Velo Road Bikes + Forums + Community + Market Place
I see a category for Racing but did not see Beach Drag Racing in the list? Why not??

At first glance I think you need to get some photos on the site, I assume you are leaving some of that up to Advertisers?

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
I see a category for Racing but did not see Beach Drag Racing in the list? Why not??

At first glance I think you need to get some photos on the site, I assume you are leaving some of that up to Advertisers?
The site literally launched just a couple of hours ago . Things are still a little rough around the edges. I have some advertisers lined up, and their ads are waiting to be coded in .
Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #65

Cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Any serious road cyclists on the forum ?
I ride. Switched from mountain bike more to road just due to the convenience of not driving to find the trails. I still ride both though. I did ironman in 2010, so I was getting alot of miles in prepping for the 112 mile bike leg. I still have some endurance and got a 50+ miler in the last two weekends. I'm trying to get some speed back..... I lost some since training has been lacking.

But, best off Mr. Danger- we both share the likes of the speed yellow 986s. I am still waiting to post some pics of mine.
The dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #66

Garage
Speed Yellow 986 = Cyclist

That is three of us on this board, go figure!