Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
As a matter of fact I do.

It that your home ? What a mess !

Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #42

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
It that your home ? What a mess !
Yes it is, what part is a mess? The tree?

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Yes it is, what part is a mess? The tree?
I joke ! The place is super neat .
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #44

Garage
I had just started getting into it last year about 3 months before I bought my Boxster. I was mainly just using it (Trek 7.2) for commuting, but when I bought my first convertible, that kind of ceased the bike riding thing.

Started up again this year though, but the weather in the Chicago area as of late is not good for a 280 pound person to be riding 20 miles a day. Next week looks to be nice.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #45

Garage
Serious Cyclists

[QUOTE=Johnny Danger;296597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike View Post

Let's say that I have strong ties to the "industry" . In any case, the purpose of this thread is to see if there's any correlation between car enthusiast and cyclists. And, as one can see there is . Furthermore, I'm getting ready to launch a new cycling web-site of my own that's solely aimed toward "roadies" (and cyclo-crossers) who especially appreciate upper end bikes, componentry, ,apparel and the like . The site is going to consist of a large scale forum with an extensive content categorization breakdown, along with a marketplace and media platform that will allow members as well as supporters the opportunity to imbed videos that pertain to everything from product information, training, fit optimization, racing coverage etc.. I'm really hoping to target the enthusiast who's has a more elevated sense of cycling, and is looking for a site with both substance and visual appeal over the more pedestrian sites that are out there (i.e. Road Bike Reviews & Cycling Forums). The site is actually set to launch in just a few days or so . I'll post it when it launches .
I just returned from burning-up some dirt… And I didn’t get scraped or bruised-up this time!

OK let’s talk about serious cyclists. I bet half the Road Bikers out there have mountain bikes. Then there is a vast population that rides only mountain bikes. If you don’t mountain bike you are missing-out on life. Mountain biking takes you down adventurous trails and scenic places road bikes only dream about. Mountain biking creates more stories, by far, than road biking. How many road bikers can say they have been chased by a bull, a cow (with a calf) and a boar on the same day? How many fences do road bikers have to climb…? Think of all those other muscles that are being exercised throwing or carrying your bike while climbing a fence! Mountain biking is more technical, has more variety, provides unexpected challenges, and keeps you away from automobile traffic. Granted, you will occasionally get some scrapes, bruises, and broken bike parts, only because you are testing your biking skills to the limit.

JD, if you don’t include a Mountain Biking forum on your web site you will be missing-out on some great stories and photos.

300K Mile Club
Old 07-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #46

cyclist

Yes I love to ride.I have a Giant advanced with Easton carbon wheel.Being in the mountains in Canada I have to train on hills.In the winter that I spend in Florida on the flats I ride at least 4 times a week.We usually average 20-21 mph and do 50 to 100 miles.We are not that young as I am 65.But you gotta keep moving.I relax riding my 986.
lahalte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #47

Garage
[QUOTE=Jager;296685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post

I just returned from burning-up some dirt… And I didn’t get scraped or bruised-up this time!

OK let’s talk about serious cyclists. I bet half the Road Bikers out there have mountain bikes. Then there is a vast population that rides only mountain bikes. If you don’t mountain bike you are missing-out on life. Mountain biking takes you down adventurous trails and scenic places road bikes only dream about. Mountain biking creates more stories, by far, than road biking. How many road bikers can say they have been chased by a bull, a cow (with a calf) and a boar on the same day? How many fences do road bikers have to climb…? Think of all those other muscles that are being exercised throwing or carrying your bike while climbing a fence! Mountain biking is more technical, has more variety, provides unexpected challenges, and keeps you away from automobile traffic. Granted, you will occasionally get some scrapes, bruises, and broken bike parts, only because you are testing your biking skills to the limit.

JD, if you don’t include a Mountain Biking forum on your web site you will be missing-out on some great stories and photos.

One step at a time. But, if I do added MTB to the site, you'll have to a moderator for me !!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #48

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahalte View Post
Yes I love to ride.I have a Giant advanced with Easton carbon wheel.Being in the mountains in Canada I have to train on hills.In the winter that I spend in Florida on the flats I ride at least 4 times a week.We usually average 20-21 mph and do 50 to 100 miles.We are not that young as I am 65.But you gotta keep moving.I relax riding my 986.
Easton clinchers or tubulars ?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #49

Garage
[QUOTE=Johnny Danger;296714]
Quote:

One step at a time. But, if I do added MTB to the site, you'll have to a moderator for me !!
Alright… If I have to.

You know Mountain Bikers will be a challenge to moderate; they’re such a wild bunch.

300K Mile Club
Old 07-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #50

Garage
Beach Bikes

Another segment for serious cyclists is beach biking... I did some of that today. Here is a Tommi Bike just for JD in Danger Yellow:

More info on this type of cycling:

fatsandbike.com | All Terrain bycicles, sand, snow, road

300K Mile Club
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #51

Garage
Did anyone notice that Cancellara's bike for stage 2-6 was speed yellow?
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #52

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered View Post
Yes I did .
Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #53

Garage
Quote:
Another segment for serious cyclists is beach biking... I did some of that today. Here is a Tommi Bike just for JD in Danger Yellow:

More info on this type of cycling:

fatsandbike.com | All Terrain bycicles, sand, snow, road
It brings me back to my Bay Watch days !
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered View Post

Out of character for him. He usually doesn't get all tricked up. They make the guys wear a yellow helmet this year, otherwise, I don't think he would.

He is my favorite rider. I saw him race (and win) the time trial in Annecy in the Tour a few years ago. Those guys ride so fast the air makes an audiable "woooosh" when they go by. It's sick.

/
Old 07-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
I have a 2009 Cannondale Six 5. Used to ride much more frequently than I do now, though I'm trying to change that back to my good habits again.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #56

Garage
Here's my Schwinn LeTour that I bought when I was either 14 or 15 years old from my paper route money. It is the second one that I owned. The previous one in racing yellow was stolen So doing the math, it's about 35 or 36 years old. I recently put a new bottle cage on, new seat, tires and re-wrapped the handle bars. Still rides perfectly! I ride about 20-30 miles a week to make some attempt at staying in shape.

BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #57

Garage
Speed Yellow

Like I said I am more of a mountain biker than road cyclist but I think Johny Danger would appreciate my Ritchey Classic.
jrblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #58

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrblackman View Post
Like I said I am more of a mountain biker than road cyclist but I think Johny Danger would appreciate my Ritchey Classic.
The color is what makes it !
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #59

Garage
For the serious cyclist... Ride one of these babies on the streets of Pismo Beach and delay traffic for two blocks and things will get serious. At least they have yellow seats and tops!

300K Mile Club
Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #60

Garage
Quote:
For the serious cyclist... Ride one of these babies on the streets of Pismo Beach and delay traffic for two blocks and things will get serious. At least they have yellow seats and tops!

Is that a "surrey with the fringe on top" ?

OKLAHOMA "The Surrey With The Fringe On Top" with lyrics - YouTube