Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered View Post
If you want Porsche support on a used car the purchase a Certified Pre Owned car with an extended warranty. If you bought from a private individual and opted not to purchase an aftermarket warranty ( there are many and they cover oiled parts) then you have made the choice to roll the dice on future repairs, how does that savings jingle in your pocket now?
Extended warranties are for chumps, in the long run you do better without them. Again I refer you to the dealer scenario, if the dealer says "I'd get the extended warranty" then a wise buyer should check the ol google, eff the car fax. I have no plans on extending the factory warranty, either it makes it or it doesn't the coin I'm jangling is the warranty cost I squirreled away for repairs.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote