Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #81

My favorite is to let them tailgate you. Speed up a little as you come to corner and just whip it through the corner without touching the brakes and watch the chaos that ensues behind in a much lesser handling vehicle.

dewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
Sorry to bring this subject back up....BUT....Today on my way to the grocery a big pickup truck driven by a "Red kneck" crossed the center line towards me and then laughed as he passed me. Then a young female in a Jeep got on my tail about 6 ft away for about 5 miles AND THEN ....another pickup truck pulling a "Carolina Skiff"boat was on my tail at 62 MPH on a single lane road for about 10 miles. As we approached the "High Rise" Bridge over the ICW I slowed to about 15 mph to let him/her know that I was pissed. I have had enough....IT'S WAR from now on in NC. War , My friends !!!! No more "Nice Guy" What say you...DANGER ???
Milliemax, are you driving 45 mph in the fast lane? That sure would explain this kind of behavior.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Milliemax, are you driving 45 mph in the fast lane? That sure would explain this kind of behavior.
Randall, 62 mph I swear !!! With white nuckles !!! I like Danger's bumpersticker idea and will try to find one to wear locally on the bumper.
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #84
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
Randall, 62 mph I swear !!! With white nuckles !!! I like Danger's bumpersticker idea and will try to find one to wear locally on the bumper.

Where you live? IMO donning anything anti Nascar or anti anything for that matter, would be akin to placing a sticker that said "scratch me" .
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #85
2005, Tiptronic

Had a cop in an unmarked Mustang tailgating me on the way home from work yesterday. He'd get close for a few hundred feet, then back away for a minute or so, then get close again, etc, etc. If I were a betting man, I'd say he was trying to goad me into speeding so that he could ticket me.

He followed me for several miles. For the Houstonians on the board, he jumped behind me on 59, just after the spur (where all the vines are) and followed me all the way to 610.

It was fairly dense traffic so no one was really going above 30ish. He can't possibly think people don't know an unmarked cop car when they see one, particularly when it's directly behind them - laptop at dash level, short row of square white lights going all they way across the dash just inside the windshield, driver steering with one hand while the other is checking the lap top - come on, dude. Weak.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #86
Certified Boxster Addict

Funny. I had a cop in a marked car do nearly the same to me last week. I was half-expecting for him to pull alongside me and actually ask me to race him. I just ignored the idiot and went on my way.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #87
Ex Esso kid

None of my family is on road patrol anymore, however I asked about said behavior before. Sometimes, it's just as simple as the officer running you on his laptop which feels like the illusion he's doggin you. Of course sometimes it could be just because he's a nitwit.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #88
Livin' a dream!

Garage
Those drivers

The mustangs are ALWAYS the ones that want to race! I'm just waiting for the day some honda civic with massive spoiler wants to give her a go!

NEVER been pulled over in my Box, pulled over in every other vehicle I've probably ever driven: '95 Civic, '85 Supra, Rental Nissan Armada, '01 Camry.

I just love flying down streets in the "wild wild west" but stop and go in the commute is the pits!

I get props from all the subarus 'round here tho when I smoke them!

greenandtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Where you live? IMO donning anything anti Nascar or anti anything for that matter, would be akin to placing a sticker that said "scratch me" .
Ghost, Good point !!! The good old boys down here are still pissed about the war they lost............The Civil War !!!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #90
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenandtan View Post
The mustangs are ALWAYS the ones that want to race! I'm just waiting for the day some honda civic with massive spoiler wants to give her a go!

NEVER been pulled over in my Box, pulled over in every other vehicle I've probably ever driven: '95 Civic, '85 Supra, Rental Nissan Armada, '01 Camry.

I just love flying down streets in the "wild wild west" but stop and go in the commute is the pits!

I get props from all the subarus 'round here tho when I smoke them!

Not to get Seinfeld here but what's the deal with these? They have some sort of SI model? I had one of these units come hard at me, we were all flowing in a three lane where no advantage was available but I could tell he was going to record the event as a victory. I could picture him spray painting the rearing black stallion on the marque with a black X through it for the cowl of his Corsair. I caught him riding dirty...
Old 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #91

I tend to get cr@p on the L.A. freeways because I keep a good distance from the car in front of me in order to avoid the "stone zone". Must work, not a single stone chip on my lovely '05 S. These guys behind me will speed up and swerve around me just to fill up the space I've left in front of me. I'm thinking, "OK, so you are now 30 FEET ahead of me. Feel good?" The minute I get a clear lane, I'm just GONE. I smugly glance over at them as I blast by. I love my car.

Mike
MikeinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #92

Garage
Unfortunately, the "Lord's Paradox" is SO true. There are many more horses asses than there are horses.
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I would say I'm either tailed or paced at least once every other day. Usually by someone in one of the current American muscle cars wanting to get me to race them. I just ignore them. They can think whatever they want to think about why I didn't take the bait.
Funny! All I get are minivans, SUV's, and the occasional "Corolla" types trying to hang with me.

Last edited by Spidey; 06-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #94

Of course he wants to race. You don't join the force to join the gang unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Funny. I had a cop in a marked car do nearly the same to me last week. I was half-expecting for him to pull alongside me and actually ask me to race him. I just ignored the idiot and went on my way.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #95

2 more rednecks today. One in a BIG Ford 4x4 about 5-10 feet away from the bumper and the other in a Ranger 4x4 with gun rack and passed out passenger about 12 inches away from the bumper for about 4 miles on single lane @ 64 mph. It never ends my friends