Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #61

Don't want to miss out on the traffic driving rant so here is my $2 worth of ranting.

I drive in the right most lane unless I'm passing.
After I pass I get over to the right again if its clear.

Also makes folks think I'm evading police or something and they tend to stay away due to all my lane changing.

Basically I drive Autobahn rules where if your not in the right most lane you better be watching the rear view for folks with a closing speed of 100mph and get the hell out of their way or be shot or launched into the ditch.

I can't stand the the dumb southern CA drivers that are just plain stupid.

We have the tiny pickup truck drivers with ladder and lawnmower in the back that merge onto the highway at 30mph.

There are the "I'm going the speed limit so I can be in any lane I want and cause miles of congestion" folks, usually seniors in big cars.

There are the "I can only text while driving 50mph or less and to heck with the restrictions on phone use in car rules"

There are the folks from the 80's that insist that 55mph on the highway is the max speed their car should go due to the fuel shortage! ???

And then there are the dumb girls that tailgate while doing their makeup in the rear view. They need to be right behind or beside you so they can keep with the traffic flow by looking at your car by their peripheral vision.

I'm still shopping for my Boxster S but I'll no doubt be even more of a terror on the roads than I was with my Jeep Wrangler.

Swerving with the Boxster sounds like fun to deter tailgaiters and if you combine that with a handfull of failed IMS bearing balls you won't even need to carry heat. ;-)

So whats this about Johnny and his Nun groupies about? There a lot of Nuns in the deep south now?

Ray

2001 Boxster S (Near Future)
99 Jeep Wrangler 4.0l (Handy for hauling stuff in any terrain or passing traffic using the ditch)
2004 Yamaha Classic Cruiser bike (Just got the carbs cleaned, not driving it enough)
99 Camaro (Died an untimely death when a Uhaul knocked down the car structure roof it was parked under)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Bloody hell... Nothing worse than the south and the pickup trucks. Have a neighbor that drives a 4 ton ram with straight pipes. Just going 5mph rattles windows. What's his job? IT support. Doesn't haul a damn thing in his truck. It's a shame people have an interest in racing trucks and trying to make them go fast, when the vehicle in mind was designed for hauling and heavy work... not for racing. Makes me want to move to California where trucks aren't the only thing people are interested in.
Kenny, We must be neighbors ! I see that truck every day. Today while stopped for a draw bridge, A MOPED was on my A$$ and touching my bumper. I put the trans in reverse to get him to back off. I give up, a "MOPED" ?????? It never ends.........
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #63
Custom User Title Here

Garage
This particular annoyance has been messing with my Zen, so I've taken a logical approach and concluded that the number of tailgaters is no more in the Box than in my daily driver.

I think its a perception thing.
1) we are more aware of tailgaters in our fancy pants cars, and
2) the actual distance from the driver to the rear bumper is quite a bit less than most cars, making it seem as though the car behind is much closer to your bumper when, in fact, it is you(the driver) that is closer to your bumper.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
This particular annoyance has been messing with my Zen, so I've taken a logical approach and concluded that the number of tailgaters is no more in the Box than in my daily driver.

2) the actual distance from the driver to the rear bumper is quite a bit less than most cars, making it seem as though the car behind is much closer to your bumper when, in fact, it is you(the driver) that is closer to your bumper.
Looking at it in a rational way, what you have to say is most likely true. I didn't give a rat's derriere when I drove in my beat-up crack ghetto, box on wheels about tailgaters, and didn't notice them. When you're driving a nice car however, it's the plague. Still, nice car or not, there is nothing worse than a tailgater.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #65

I believe it is just because the back of your seat is almost the rear bumper. Anyway, is this also a sexy nun thread? lol
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #66

Garage
Quote:

Blame it on the words on our mirrors “OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR”.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by deptotpr View Post
I believe it is just because the back of your seat is almost the rear bumper. Anyway, is this also a sexy nun thread? lol
I do believe we have a Johnny Danger imposter among us!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I do believe we have a Johnny Danger imposter among us!
Is it wrong to say Deptotpr has better taste in nuns than mustang girls
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #70

Doesn't happen to me more in the box than when I'm driving any other car.
Highlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #71
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow View Post
Doesn't happen to me more in the box than when I'm driving any other car.
Huh????
This thread is about sexy nuns, lmao!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #72

Quote:
Huh????
This thread is about sexy nuns, lmao!
Sexy Nuns ????? Where ????? Not here in E NC
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #73
Porscheectomy

I just read this linked article and thought it was appropriate to this thread.

2013 Nissan GT-R Long-Term Update 2 - Motor Trend
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #74

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deptotpr View Post
In this case, how would one go about anointing ?
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #75
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy web View Post
You should slow down to 10 miles below the speed limit to allow them to pass. As they are beside your car, apply your brakes so they can pass you without making eye/facial contact. If they continue to harass you, call 911 on your cell phone. If it is possible, Report their vehicle make, model, color, driver description, passenger description and license plate, to police.

Where I live that advise will get you another car in your trunk, as for call 911?? Maybe you need to go back to good Ol' pointless, not related to the thread spamming, go with your strengths young man. If every crazy road incident was phoned to 911 you would need to double the capacity of the system.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 06-06-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #76

Sorry to bring this subject back up....BUT....Today on my way to the grocery a big pickup truck driven by a "Red kneck" crossed the center line towards me and then laughed as he passed me. Then a young female in a Jeep got on my tail about 6 ft away for about 5 miles AND THEN ....another pickup truck pulling a "Carolina Skiff"boat was on my tail at 62 MPH on a single lane road for about 10 miles. As we approached the "High Rise" Bridge over the ICW I slowed to about 15 mph to let him/her know that I was pissed. I have had enough....IT'S WAR from now on in NC. War , My friends !!!! No more "Nice Guy" What say you...DANGER ???
Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #77

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
Sorry to bring this subject back up....BUT....Today on my way to the grocery a big pickup truck driven by a "Red kneck" crossed the center line towards me and then laughed as he passed me. Then a young female in a Jeep got on my tail about 6 ft away for about 5 miles AND THEN ....another pickup truck pulling a "Carolina Skiff"boat was on my tail at 62 MPH on a single lane road for about 10 miles. As we approached the "High Rise" Bridge over the ICW I slowed to about 15 mph to let him/her know that I was pissed. I have had enough....IT'S WAR from now on in NC. War , My friends !!!! No more "Nice Guy" What say you...DANGER ???
Get a bumper sticker that says NASCAR Sucks ! That way the red necks will leave you alone .
Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #78

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
I slowed to about 15 mph to let him/her know that I was pissed. I have had enough....IT'S WAR from now on in NC. War , My friends !!!! No more "Nice Guy" What say you...DANGER ???
Haha, laughed when I pictured this in my head. Aye, I'd love to do this some time.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #79
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I just do my best to ignore them all. Not always easy, but I try. There is no real solution....

Except maybe a device that sprays nasty black oil or tar out of a not so conspicuous area, like the tail pipe, at a 45 degree angle so as to coat their windshield, causing them to have to pull over and clean it off because their wipers just smeared it up real good. But that could cause further problems.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy web View Post
If they continue to harass you, call 911 on your cell phone. If it is possible, Report their vehicle make, model, color, driver description, passenger description and license plate, to police.
I doubt if the police do something about bully drivers unless its a roadrage..:troll: