Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #1

About the TechnoPower Kits ...

... for which there's a long thread elsewhere I'd like to explain a few things.
If you look at my kits they both include a custom ECU remap which generally goes for over $700.00.
If you install the parts yourself and don't remap you will not get the full benefit of the added parts.
Also, the Tee included in our kit is not just a tee from a 997 it's actually the TechnoTorque3 which includes our special air splitter insert.
If you look at my kits and add up the costs you'll se that they are priced just like what you would pay for them at any Porsche dealer.
I really wanted to put together the best kits possible at the best price possible but it seems that most people don't value developers and their time and effort.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Last edited by ppbon; 12-27-2011 at 06:23 AM.
ppbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
1999 base

Garage
Hello Pedro.
I was also reading that post, and was wandering myself what is the point of doing all the process without a remap to the ECU.
I guess there will always be some people that will try to save some money on this project or another. Bragging rights of “I did it myself” is also a part of the equation.
I’m a relatively new to the “boxter world” (1 year since I got my 2001 S) but I spent a lot of time in the forums reading and learning about my car.
I’m amazed to find so many knowledgeable people (including your self) welling to share their experience and wisdom.
I also researched your products and I think they are great, and at reasonable price.
I don’t have an intention to by it soon since I have a list of things I need to do before, but be sure ill be knocking on your door in the future.
After all, we leave in the same neighborhood.
Keep doing your thing, and I’m sure there are a lot of people like me that appreciate your contribution to the boxster community along with many others.
As you say…..
Happy Boxstering.

Meir Schwartz.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
02 box s

pedro,

i have read the other thread with interest. but, i am also one of those increasingly busy (and getting lazy in my old age) guys that will buy from you just to make it easier on myself. thanks for good products. thanks for good service. the threads discussing hi po parts are worth it to me just to see what's out there that i might be missing. for instance, i really like the werks cf T or Y or whatever. a little pricey, but i may see if one of my techs could make one. have a good year pedro. thanks again. for what it's worth i think the guys in the other thread support you as well. there's just a lot of excitement about finding a new "option."
sgt brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

Being a small businessperson who creates good products and stands behind them can be challenging in a WalMart world where all that matters is a cheap price.

When asked, most people will say that they have no problem paying more for a quality product, but when it comes time to actually spend the extra $$, they reconsider - and I understand that.

Its the responsibility of a business is to communicate the value of the product and the company behind it to the customer so they understand what they are buying and who they are buying it from.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #5

There's nothing wrong with a Walmart mentality. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Being a small businessperson who creates good products and stands behind them can be challenging in a WalMart world where all that matters is a cheap price.

When asked, most people will say that they have no problem paying more for a quality product, but when it comes time to actually spend the extra $$, they reconsider - and I understand that.

Its the responsibility of a business is to communicate the value of the product and the company behind it to the customer so they understand what they are buying and who they are buying it from.
... Or trying to save a buck.
What tics me off is saying that buying off the rack pieces from Suncoast is going to get you the same results.
It's not even close.
You may even lose power if thats all you do.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro
Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #6

I've dealt with Pedro for years. His products are first rate and he certainly stands behind what he sells. Is he cheap? no. Is he reasonable? certainly.

You can probably get the individual parts that Pedro is selling in his kit from several sources, but I suspect you'd end up paying more in total. Besides, I'd personally MUCH rather support the small businessman who sells what i want than the Walmarts out there. Sometimes you have no choice, but given one, I choose to go with the small guy. Maybe I'm prejudiced since I'm a small business owner myself, but really...wouldn't you rather deal with the owner, for any number of reasons, than some sales flunky who doesn't have the power to tweek your order to fit your needs??

And Pedro...the wheels are rolling to get the power kit ordered. I've GOT to get something before next track season! lol.

Thanks for all you've done for us Pedro. A lot of us are very appreciative.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #7

wow, I actually thought that Pedro's packages were very reasonably priced, I am planning on ordering one with my tax return, which takes me to the other question, do you have a approximate net gain of the techno power2 kit on a 3.2 with just a cat back?
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #8

You can get ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
wow, I actually thought that Pedro's packages were very reasonably priced, I am planning on ordering one with my tax return, which takes me to the other question, do you have a approximate net gain of the techno power2 kit on a 3.2 with just a cat back?
... a very nice bump in both torque and HP on a 3.2.
One of the first TechnoPower2s installed went on a 2001 S and he got 30 extra horses and 20 extra ft lb of torque.
This particular car doesn't yet have headers or catback although we programmed the ECU for it since they will be installed shortly by the owner.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #9

Thanks Pedro!
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Carnut

I was already asking Pedro by email about his new kit and finally it's here! This is really good news!

Since Pedro includes the remap I tend to order from him the entire kit, it is very reasonably priced.

Also, the remap will take mods into consideration, a real advantage!

Support your Porsche community!

Later,
Andy

Last edited by AndyA6; 12-27-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling
AndyA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
1999 base

Garage
30 horses more on the S?!!!!!
I might knock on your door sooner then I thought.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
02 box s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppbon View Post
... a very nice bump in both torque and HP on a 3.2.
One of the first TechnoPower2s installed went on a 2001 S and he got 30 extra horses and 20 extra ft lb of torque.
This particular car doesn't yet have headers or catback although we programmed the ECU for it since they will be installed shortly by the owner.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
wow, 30/20 increase is great. hmmm...this is tempting.
sgt brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
Matt

I haven't read any other threads about your package. But, you know you can give away ice cream and get complaints from people. You, and everyone else, will never please all. There are people who believe that merchant's should provide their parts, service, and knowledge for free. That's why they change their own oil and do many other repairs themselves, they want it done for free. Not me. I pay for services I get and expect high-quality services for the dollars paid. Keep doing what you're doing, for those who appreciated it, and disregard the rest. Then, hoist a Scotch knowing you did all you could do to make their experience a quality one. Cheers.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #14

Hi does someone try the technopower2 kit recently ?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #15

I'd be interested in hearing for someone that has installed the kit from Pedro.

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote