Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Boxster Picture Game Thread

Well, folks, I saw this game on a VW forum thanks to a co-worker, and I thought it would be fun for us to do the same thing on our forum.

You take pictures of your car(s) in a certain setting or a funny/unique situation.

The first one to get it right wins a point and then can give the next challenge. Everyone can try to do the challenge but the first one to get it done wins. I’ll be keeping track and going by forum timestamps. Points are basically for bragging rights, something for you to throw in your signature, maybe.

Example of the process: "Boxster in front of an office building" - You take the picture (NOTE: it must be a picture of YOUR car and cannot be an image older than one year, you’ll have to go out and shoot it specifically for posting here otherwise. We're going on integrity here, so let's keep it honest.) In your successful post, you then present the next challenge for everyone else to try to meet.

Please don’t make the requests too outrageous or specific to where people will be unable to do them, or risk doing something dangerous/illegal. This is supposed to be for fun, and we also want the game to be able to continue, not get stalled because someone says “Picture of a Boxster doing a barrel roll.”

Alright, so by the numbers:

THE RULES - PLEASE READ
1) No photoshopping, so obviously this also means no requests that would require photoshopping. We're going for real pictures.

2) Please only post pictures of YOUR Boxster, meaning you will actually have to go out and take a picture to post in this thread or have a picture that has been taken within the last year.

3) No duplicate requests - let's keep it fresh, I’m sure we can all think of something different.

4) If you are the poster who meets the picture challenge, please put your next request in a BOLD font so it's easy to find.

5) IF the challenge isn't met within 1-2 days the person who put the challenge up then has 24 hours to complete the challenge themselves. If they cannot complete their own challenge, they are docked one point and then must pick a new challenge. Choose wisely.

6) No challenge is to be made that involves any of the following:

* illegal activities (this includes, but is not limited to: guns, drugs, street racing, thievery, etc).
* currency (the participants of this game will not be limited to those with immediate access to large amounts of funds)

* Destruction of one's own property or any piece of public property

The list could go on and on, so let’s use good judgement and do things in good taste. Again, this is supposed to be fun while being challenging.

7) Do not specify model/type/year/color requirements for member vehicles(i.e. base Boxster, Boxster S, 986/987, MY99, etc.). We want anyone and everyone on the forum to be able to participate in this game. The type of Boxster you own does not matter, just that it IS a Boxster meeting the challenge requirements. However, specifying something else (like taking a picture next to a brick building, a red sedan, a yellow lawnmower, a pine tree, an empty boat launch, etc.) while not getting too specific, is allowed. Simply say "A Boxster...(followed by the challenge specifics)".

8) Once a challenge has been satisfied, the user who met the challenge should post the picture in the Boxster Picture Game Thread for confirmation.

9) Please do not quote someone's post with the picture in it so we don't see the same pictures multiple times. Instead, refer to the post # so that we can keep things organized.

10) If you wish to dispute someone's meeting of a challenge, refer to their post # and give a reason for disputing their accomplishing the requirements by the rules.

Please let me know if there are any additional rules or changes that members feel would be beneficial to keeping this game going. Moderators, if there is any sort of problem with this type of thread or you feel there is a better location for it than the general section, please let me know and feel free to relocate it.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 08-17-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I'll start everyone off with an easy one.

Boxster in a driveway.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Certified Boxster Addict

Boxster in a driveway. Just washed and waxed yesterday.

Next: Boxster parked on the street

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 08-04-2011 at 12:52 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

Next: Boxster at a gas station.
Attached Images

Last edited by tommy986; 08-04-2011 at 07:57 PM.
tommy986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #5

Next: boxster getting a wash

slurp, slurp...
Old 08-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Ok, been about a day and a half so far and no car washes. tonycarreon, hope you're ready to give the Boxster an impromptu wash tomorrow if no one comes through.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 AM   #7

Garage
Ive been wanting to wash my car for this picture game but its been raining for days now... lol sorry tony.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #8

Garage

Next: A Boxster on a waterfront.

Seems the rain held off.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

On the water front.

next: In the mountains.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186

Next: A Boxster on a waterfront.

Seems the rain held off.
I was going to upload one of my wife washing my car in her bikini.. Oh well lol
Penland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penland
I was going to upload one of my wife washing my car in her bikini.. Oh well lol
I am going to go ahead and speak for everyone else - that will be allowed ... Post it up!
fedekz986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I think we'll make an exception, an "honorable mention", rather. Go ahead and post it, Penland, lol.

Again, please try not to copy the previous images when quoting a post...we don't want people to get confused on what's next.

We're still looking for a Boxster in the Mountains currently. Who's going to get the next point?
:dance:

So far we have:

tommy986: 2 points
thstone: 1 point
tonycarreon: 1 point
lobo1186: 1 point

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 08-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #13

Does this count? I was driving on a mountain road and you still get the back hump of my box.

^Incase it does not show: http://flic.kr/p/9TRNnq

If it does count, then

Boxster at sunset.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
ProjectM96, yours is the only pic in the thread I can't see right now, my employer's network must block whichever host you used for the picture. I'll be checking it this evening, but from the sound of the description it'll very likely count...you were in the car, after all, and the rules didn't say that wasn't allowed. So long as we can tell it's indeed the Boxster.

So...gimme about 4.5 hours to really confirm

We'll press on in the meantime, next pic!

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

In the mountains

If you hadn't said your picture was in the mountains, it would be hard to tell.
I was thinking something like this:
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy986
If you hadn't said your picture was in the mountains, it would be hard to tell.
I was thinking something like this:
overdrive, I would give points to this guy. It is true that it is hard to tell I took the pic when surrounded by mountains. tommy's pic is better.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Well, I would...but tommy986 himself is the one who presented that challenge, and he's only required to answer his own challenge if not one else comes through within 48 hours to keep from being penalized his last earned point. It also prevents people from presenting challenges that they have pictures for already or upcoming opportunities to take those pictures and hog points for themselves.

Anyways, we'll write off the point for the mountain picture, maybe present it again at a later time. How about tommy986, who has the last valid point so far, present us with a fresh challenge, or if you'd like, you can present projectM96's challenge and we'll continue going for a boxster at sunset/sunrise (not going to be too easy to tell the two apart, I would think). The choice is yours, tommy986.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

Sunset sounds good
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Well, we're a few hours away from the sun setting on the east coast for anyone who isn't looking at an overcast sky like I am...get those camera's ready! For those of you on the west coast, you've still got plenty of time to wait. For anyone else in other parts of the world, if you've got the opportunity now or soon, go for it and snag yourself a point!

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 08-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Ok, well, looks like we'll have to write off sunset as well (you met your own challenge again, tommy986, nice pic, though).

So, anyone going to the track soon?

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top