Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #41

I like the aerokit on it. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics! Nice find at a nice price. Congrats!

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #42

My apologies, I took what Charles was saying as they only took the car and slapped some bodykit on it and other odds and ends and did nothing performance wise from the base car it started as.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #43

front and side skirts are factory GT3 not sure of the rear spoiler and bumper diffuser origins.
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #44

The rear wing is the aerokit II wing. The diffusers would be an aftermarket add-on.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
My apologies, I took what Charles was saying as they only took the car and slapped some bodykit on it and other odds and ends and did nothing performance wise from the base car it started as.
Charles is, in fact, correct. All they did was bolt on some cosmetic bits and put in a larger M96 for a bit more power. But it is still a stock M96 with a stock sealed IMS bearing that can fail with catastrophic results……………… Other Porsche tuners (like Ruf) go through an engine and upgrade many internal parts before it goes in one of their cars…………….
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Charles is, in fact, correct. All they did was bolt on some cosmetic bits and put in a larger M96 for a bit more power. But it is still a stock M96 with a stock sealed IMS bearing that can fail with catastrophic results……………… Other Porsche tuners (like Ruf) go through an engine and upgrade many internal parts before it goes in one of their cars…………….
I understand, what I originally though he was referring to is that the 3.6L was stock in the car. I misinterpreted what he said, and I was replying on the basis of a 3.6L was not stock in the car.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #47
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnavarro
We had spoken to Roock quite some time ago about our upgrades to 'beef-up' the M96 and nothing ever came out of it, so I'm sure the drive-train is bone stock. Like most tuners, it's body kits and bolt ons.
Yeah. Charles gave the politically correct version of what I would have said.

You'll never see a Flat 6 component associated with Roock.

Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote