Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 PM   #41

I end up following evander13. I too did the research w/ tire rack, the web, and here, and am getting S03s from the local B'stone store, for about $940 installed ... They're going to let me clean the rims and fool with the wheel wells while they're doing the install. Good. Any recommendations on a way to liven up the black paint on the (mere 2.7L brake) calipers?

I am a bit troubled by not going w/ a Porsche qulaified tire because its engineers are pretty good at this stuff so their recommendations have weight, and I suspect it's not a marketing ploy (as someone worried). But they can't test everything. User comments on rain traction is what convinced me to go w/ S03s, though. I'm a novice at hot-rodding in a mid engine car and it rains HARD around here. Don't want to loose it because the tires and I can't handle wet conditions, and I for for drives in big rain. (How fast you gotta go to stay dry w/ the top down?) Pretty much all comments on S03s from all sources note superior wet weather traction.

Shifting. Dang, your comments about syncros and trans problems sounded ugly. .... I'm learning that if I shift above 4.8 to 5k and am in 2d by 4k or so, I'm getting the smooth, firm punch I want. But, I think the real issue is that I need to learn to control engine speed better while the clutch is disengaged.

This was my first venture into this forum w/ an issue. It was good. Thanks to all.

jefla is offline   Reply With Quote