Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Best driving story

All right, I'm interested to know stories about what all of you have experienced driving your Boxsters...or any porsche related stories, I guess.

Here's a first one, though its not THAT great....I've only had my boxster in actual "legal posession" for a short time, but I was trailing a new mazda from a stop light onto the highway, and making him purposefully frustrated by staying right on his tail even though he was flooring it. Since I'm used to the different gearing in my Integra, I didn't realize that when I blew by him, after shifting to fourth, I was going 125 mph...

...the integra wouldn't have been up to 80 mph in that time, and I was quite honestly shocked to be going that fast.

I could have easily lost that whole "legal posession" thing I was talking about above, and consequently got off at the next exit to avoid any further "competition" between myself and that driver. But what a rush!

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
watch out how you follow on people's tail...I like to give people "love taps" on my brakes for doing that.

But hearing that reminds me of when my dad was driving my 944 waaay back when and he was going pretty fast around an onramp curve. A mini van was trying to keep up and almost ran off the side of the road.....I don't have any boxster stories yet as I don't have one yet.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:25 AM   #3

Although I have many many stories to tell...il only say the funniest one.
I was at a set of lights and there was a WRX impreza next to me. It was modified: sports suspension, 18 inch wheels, exhaust & bigger turbo from what I could see. So he started to rev the engine and, as we say in AUS (drop coolers) - which is basically let me here his blow off valve... So he wanted to race.
Lights go green, i get giddy, so does he
I pull away at 90km/h, im celebrating, yet he comes and tucks in behind me and all of a sudden sirens start going off!
This prick was an undercover cop and i just got busted. Now that seems unfair but police in melbourne, australia are absolute freaks that would pull u over for doing 62 in a 60 zone.
I got a good cop, he asked me why i raced and i simply replied 'cause u wanted to'...he let me go!
Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:20 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
oh man! That cop must have a fun job, but I'd be pretty ripped if a WRX "cop" pulled me over.

Its so easy to get sucked in at the red lights.........

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote