Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #61

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Bump to top
Still avalible

Old 06-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #62
inveniam viam aut faciam

Have you tried advertising it on rennlist? I think you get a bigger audience there.

At this point, you might find a Boxster with a blown engine and install it. I think a car with a 3.6 in it will be a lot easier to sell then the engine itself. I work with a lot of shops that work on Porsches, and I haven't seen anyone put the money into a 986 Boxster in years. Five years ago yes, now nothing. The sad truth is that it is hard enough to get someone to do the basic needs on a 986, let alone an engine. Most just get scrapped now if the engine fails. You could probably get $20k for a nice 986S with the engine.

GLWS!
Old 06-30-2021, 09:09 AM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
Have you tried advertising it on rennlist? I think you get a bigger audience there.

At this point, you might find a Boxster with a blown engine and install it. I think a car with a 3.6 in it will be a lot easier to sell then the engine itself. I work with a lot of shops that work on Porsches, and I haven't seen anyone put the money into a 986 Boxster in years. Five years ago yes, now nothing. The sad truth is that it is hard enough to get someone to do the basic needs on a 986, let alone an engine. Most just get scrapped now if the engine fails. You could probably get $20k for a nice 986S with the engine.

GLWS!

Nobody thinks to sell their Engine while it is still running well & buy a upgraded engine that will last longer than the car. Even if the car gets wrecked you just pull it & reinstall in next car.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #64

Unfortunately I think Qmulus has made a really valid point. These cars are OLD and most if not all are in need, or soon to be in need, of a refresh (bushings, bearings, suspension, mounts, expansion tanks, paint, tops, etc). No one, or certainly not many, are willing to pay high dollar AND have to put in similar amounts on wear items to end up with a car that has no real uniqueness about it. While we as enthusiasts love these cars I don't think many of us are willing to put the kind of money you are asking into a car that is and will be only worth half that amount or less. Sounds like you have a great engine and I hope you can find a buyer for it but I'm afraid the window is closing rapidly on these cars. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion and it's only that...my opinion. Good luck.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #65

I've talked to a few shops and they sell stock, unopened 3.4 and 3.6 Pandora box engines all day long and twice on tuesdays for around $10k. I think the demand is there, just not in this forum where most Boxsters are already running and most owners are on a budget.
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #66

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
Unfortunately I think Qmulus has made a really valid point. These cars are OLD and most if not all are in need, or soon to be in need, of a refresh (bushings, bearings, suspension, mounts, expansion tanks, paint, tops, etc). No one, or certainly not many, are willing to pay high dollar AND have to put in similar amounts on wear items to end up with a car that has no real uniqueness about it. While we as enthusiasts love these cars I don't think many of us are willing to put the kind of money you are asking into a car that is and will be only worth half that amount or less. Sounds like you have a great engine and I hope you can find a buyer for it but I'm afraid the window is closing rapidly on these cars. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion and it's only that...my opinion. Good luck.
Air cooled Porsche's are now worth twice what watercooled Porsche's are for a reason. Someday The water cooled cars & engines will go way up in value, I'm in no hurry to sell.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:10 PM   #67

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
Engine has been sold $14,000 + shipping !
Old 09-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #68

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
2001 Boxster S engine rebuilt with LN Enginering 3.6 L billet sleeves & JE pistons & triple row IMS bearing, fully balanced rotating assembly.

This engine is a duplicate of what I have in my 2000 Boxster S that has 300 HP & 273 ft. lbs torque. See signature for parts list.
Engine is sold $1,4000 + shipping.