Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #1

Garage
Totaled Boxster to be parted out

My boxster is likely totaled..... Testing the water to see if a buy back is necessary.... lots of damage down the right side of the starting after the fuel cap and trailing back to the engine vent. Car has 106k miles, glass convertible top, 5 speed tip. I live in the southeast usa. Would anyone be interested in buying the car whole, Engine seems fine after the accident but i will be honest that i am unsure, i did drive the car home with no issue, I have someone interested in the convertible top but aside from that everything is for sale. If the car is bought whole i will keep the top with the car, PM with offers, need to know my market before i buy the car back from the insurance, lights front bumper and rest of the front of the car is fine. The left of the car is fine, the decklid is fine and the rear bumper only has small scratches next to the wheel well. 2 rims are in great shape, 1 is fair from the accident and 1 is fair from the PO. Interior is all fine, memory seats and all, 4 spoke steering wheel, slight wear on outside of drivers seat, nearly none on passenger. If you are interested in the tiptronic transmission or the engine as well they can be sold.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

Garage
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/52009-had-altercation-today.html#post399611
Old 05-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #3

What year is it
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
What year is it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #5

Garage
I have been looking for a few parts. I need the mud flap in front of the drivers rear wheel well and the long narrow under body piece in front of the engine with the fasteners. I could also use a couple of the fasteners that hold the carpet in the frunk - the ones near the headlights.

The taillights original?

You should start looking for a Boxster that needs an engine. If you find one in the SE within a days drive - I could probably get a car trailer - you cover the costs and we'll go pick it up and deliver to SC. The is actually a high mileage Boxster with a 5 Speed for sale in the RDU Craigslist. The seats and interior are pretty shabby - they are asking @ 7,000.

2000 porsche boxster

You could consider swapping the interior..... or repairing the interior.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #6

Seats

What color are the seats? Do you have the right and left air blocks? If so how much....I live close by.
wkb28791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
I have been looking for a few parts. I need the mud flap in front of the drivers rear wheel well and the long narrow under body piece in front of the engine with the fasteners. I could also use a couple of the fasteners that hold the carpet in the frunk - the ones near the headlights.

The taillights original?

You should start looking for a Boxster that needs an engine. If you find one in the SE within a days drive - I could probably get a car trailer - you cover the costs and we'll go pick it up and deliver to SC. The is actually a high mileage Boxster with a 5 Speed for sale in the RDU Craigslist. The seats and interior are pretty shabby - they are asking @ 7,000.

2000 porsche boxster

Tail lights are original, so I am unsure I understand correctly are you suggesting I use my box to to fix another box that needs an engine?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #8

Buy it back, i was in the same situtation as you, same side and everything 1999 triptronic 78k miles. Geico let me buy it back for 1500 and i bought a car with bad engine and did the swap myself. Now i have a boxster again and I made good money off the parts. Look how bad my accident was and it worked out in the long run http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/47761-question-wrecked-my-99-tryign-figure-out-if-worth-keeping.html

Here's an idea of quick sale prices i got
1500 engine (kept it but was offered this)
600 transmission
250 convertible top transmission/motor
500 calipers
500 seats in good shape
100 climate control
500 computer,immobilizer,key,lock set

if you totally part it out you make more on interior and havc unit ect.

Also I'm looking for mesh inserts on seats, driver side door panel if vinyl or good shape leather (black), the passenger mud flap in front of pass side. Also maybe your black rear bumper if in good condition if greyhound shipping is available. Also need driver sunvisor, and possibly passenger if cheap enough

Last edited by Brian0icu812; 05-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Registered Boxster abuser

Really depends on the buy back amount they want for the car. It also depends on if you have the space and time to part it out too.
healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
Really depends on the buy back amount they want for the car. It also depends on if you have the space and time to part it out too.
I have all summer before I (NEED) a new box, wouldn't mind getting one ASAP though.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #11

I'd be interested in the rear bumperettes if you part it out if they are the same ones used on a 2001.
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #12

Quote:

The taillights original?

2000 porsche boxster

I have the mud flap you are looking for...Left over from when I installed my side skirts.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #13

Garage
Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about different options. One would be to find one that needs drivetrain. The other would be to find one that has a crappy interior and lower resale value and swap over your interior.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about different options. One would be to find one that needs drivetrain. The other would be to find one that has a crappy interior and lower resale value and swap over your interior.
Ah suggesting to flip a car with mine, that could work, there is supposidly one that needs a trans and the car is only going for 2k. could fix it and sell a whole car, but i will likely take the route of just parting out what i have with this one, then from their putting any money twards a S with the market value i get.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #15

What year is your car and how much for the motor?
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Ah suggesting to flip a car with mine, that could work, there is supposidly one that needs a trans and the car is only going for 2k. could fix it and sell a whole car, but i will likely take the route of just parting out what i have with this one, then from their putting any money twards a S with the market value i get.
Where is this car needing a trans? if you arent buying it i would

Also i still need a few parts if you are going the complete part out.
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #17

Garage
Still dealing with insurance, liability was solved today, should have answers soon, with the cheap halfa** appraisals the car may not be totaled

Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
I have the mud flap you are looking for...Left over from when I installed my side skirts.
Sorry I missed this post. How much you want for it?
Old 05-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #19
Offroader

i would be interested in door sill plates, rear speaker box, or HID's if your car had those options.
4runnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #20

Garage
The car is totalled, how much if fair to pay to still turn a profit. Damage on right side, mechanically sound, 106k miles. 99 tiptronic