Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #1

Garage
You can get 996s cheap, but if your wife is okay with a 996 there is no way she shouldn't be okay with a boxster. It's too cold for top down right now anyways. The rear seats in the 911 can only fit amputees. You would be happy with a 911 but it's more money for not much more car, and anything non porsche will really disappoint you at this point and likely please the wife even less. No convertible is really as practicle as the boxster, and most alternatives are mechanical nightmares.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
You can get 996s cheap, but if your wife is okay with a 996 there is no way she shouldn't be okay with a boxster. It's too cold for top down right now anyways. The rear seats in the 911 can only fit amputees. You would be happy with a 911 but it's more money for not much more car, and anything non porsche will really disappoint you at this point and likely please the wife even less. No convertible is really as practicle as the boxster, and most alternatives are mechanical nightmares.
Thank you Jake. I am beginning to see that with some looking. I also remember that I have driven the 2000 911 and, yes, nice car, but I liked the Boxster more I have to say. I think it will work out eventually, but it sure is difficult in the mean time.

That said, it snowed last night and I had to take my trusty steed to work this morning with the temp being -4 when I left. First time in extreme conditions perhaps. Roads were plowed and mostly clear of ice, but had some patches, and with the tires that cold, I was curious to see what kind of limitations that would put on it. I figured it would be pretty much as disabled as a Mustang or other similar car knowing others statements about this. Definitely it isn't good...but--as it has done so far in all other things--it does better than I thought it would. It gets me the 8 minutes to work and back despite that it might be frowning at me the whole time between warm up to shut down. Today was about as bad as it would get and still have to go to work in it. Anything more and I think I'm carpooling it.
Wulf190 is offline   Reply With Quote