Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #221
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambino Don
Hey CHE well as far as im concerned that is excellant. my e-mail is m9joc@tiscali.co.uk
What would be the timescale for delivery i wouldnt mind this asap.

Have you a direct email address???

James
Hi James,

This is my direct e-mail addy, deluboz@aol.com

Cheers !

Che

delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #222

Okay, not a mechanic or anything, but when comparing the pics of Che's header and OE (2002 S), it looks like the first set of CATS will have to be eliminated since the CATS are welded on the original exhaust manifold. I got under my car today and confirmed that I have 4 02 sensors for each Primary CAT (before and after) and have secondary CATs with no 02 sensors before the muffler. So how does it install? Any takers?

On another note, I just ordered Che's Short Shifter. I will give you guys a review once received and installed. The B&M was just too expensive, but I got tired of the long throws. It, or I, felt out of synch when driving hard. The BOX has excellent go and and clutch action, it just takes longer to go through the gears with the stock shifter. New models any better?

JV
Eagle F1 All Season

2004 Honda CRF 450R

DRD Exhaust
JaysPcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #223

Old video pics not working for sound clips.

As I am in the market for an enhanced exhaust, does anyone have any sound bites for this exhaust. The price tag is very tempting and everyone seems to like it so far.
The other links earlier in this thread are dead now, so any new ones would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Chris
Dragonwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #224

Twenty Three Thousand (plus) page views and 222 replies. Is this some kind of a record here?

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist
Twenty Three Thousand (plus) page views and 222 replies. Is this some kind of a record here?
It wouldn't be if the "poser thread" didn't get closed. That one was catching up quickly.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #226

i know this is an old thread, but found it through ebay...

che i'm local and would love to come see/hear a car with this on it if you have one?

I'm really wanting to see the difference in sound... do yo uhave a local shop i can come see at?

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #227

Che

Me too, I am also local.

I have the 3.2 and the last time i talked with you(forum wise) you were working on the 3.2 headers with the O2 sensor placement. What is the story with that
and, What is the cost for the whole set up....exhaust and muffler...

Maybe you could demo etc...for some of us local guys one weekend.

chris
Dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 AM   #228
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i know this is an old thread, but found it through ebay...

che i'm local and would love to come see/hear a car with this on it if you have one?

I'm really wanting to see the difference in sound... do yo uhave a local shop i can come see at?
Hi lucky_topher,

Currently I don't have actual Boxster with Exhaust installed, but you are welcome to stop by our facility to check out the exhcaust.

Our address:

4109 Billy Mitchell Dr
Addison,TX 75001

We will be here from 9:00AM to 5:00PM

Thank you !
Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #229
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohertycm
Me too, I am also local.

I have the 3.2 and the last time i talked with you(forum wise) you were working on the 3.2 headers with the O2 sensor placement. What is the story with that
and, What is the cost for the whole set up....exhaust and muffler...

Maybe you could demo etc...for some of us local guys one weekend.

chris
Hi Chris,

Currently the Header are still under development, I will Post update as soon the development is ready. Currently only Exhaust are available, you are welcome to stop by our facility to check out the Exhaust, address and hours from Last posting .

Thank you !
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #230

Funny I purchased the headers for my 3.2L S about a year ago. Your add on ebay read for 2.7/3.2 boxster headers. It also read make sure to note if its a 4 or 2, 02 sensor model. I purchased with the note that it was a 2000 S 3.2L w/4 02s. I got a model where it had only two 02 bungs. The fittment and craftsmanship was exceptional! My problem is the model only came with the two 02 bungs and its almost like I need longer 02 wires to connect the proper 02s, and where are the other 02s supposed to go? I have for a year now been trying to figure out what needs to be done to get the other 02s on the car as not to be running a check engine light. It seems that from your last post you are still in development with these headers. Did you sell me the wrong ones, did you sell me an unfinished product, or is there something I am not doing correctly? If its a simple new bung placement that would be good but for now I have a good sounding improper running boxster. I have purchased other products from you and been happy this is not to flame your company but I really need to get to the bottom of this can you please help?

Exhaust set-up: Che's "3.2L" headers/ Fabspeed mid pipes/ Che's "S" exhaust.

One of the loudest meanest sounding Porsches I've personally heard and that it is up there with GT series 911's. This set-up is loud! I love it! Real nice tone and throat.
(www.myspace.com/tcechelon)
mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #231
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn box s
Funny I purchased the headers for my 3.2L S about a year ago. Your add on ebay read for 2.7/3.2 boxster headers. It also read make sure to note if its a 4 or 2, 02 sensor model. I purchased with the note that it was a 2000 S 3.2L w/4 02s. I got a model where it had only two 02 bungs. The fittment and craftsmanship was exceptional! My problem is the model only came with the two 02 bungs and its almost like I need longer 02 wires to connect the proper 02s, and where are the other 02s supposed to go? I have for a year now been trying to figure out what needs to be done to get the other 02s on the car as not to be running a check engine light. It seems that from your last post you are still in development with these headers. Did you sell me the wrong ones, did you sell me an unfinished product, or is there something I am not doing correctly? If its a simple new bung placement that would be good but for now I have a good sounding improper running boxster. I have purchased other products from you and been happy this is not to flame your company but I really need to get to the bottom of this can you please help?

Exhaust set-up: Che's "3.2L" headers/ Fabspeed mid pipes/ Che's "S" exhaust.

One of the loudest meanest sounding Porsches I've personally heard and that it is up there with GT series 911's. This set-up is loud! I love it! Real nice tone and throat.
Hi mn box s,

The Headers I've sold in past are for 2.7/3.2L except I've made a specific notes these Header installation will need to add additional 2 more O2 Sensor Bungs, this is the reason I'm working on the Headers to be made with 4 O2 sensor Bungs to simplify the installation. I'm assuming the Header are installed and you re trying to find out to eliminate the CEL correct ??? If yes, please PM me direct.

Thank you !

Che
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #232

Any ETA on headers for 3.2S ?

Just so I know how soon I have to start saving my pennies. =]
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #233
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijen6
Any ETA on headers for 3.2S ?

Just so I know how soon I have to start saving my pennies. =]
The New shipment for 2.7L/3.2L Boxster Headers E.T.A arounf Mid April. I will Post Arrival update as soon I receive the shipment. Thank you !
Old 03-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #234

Quote:

"One of the loudest meanest sounding Porsches I've personally heard and that it is up there with GT series 911's. This set-up is loud! I love it! Real nice tone and throat."

Posted by mn box s.

Can you post a sound clip by any chance? (My apologies if someone already has---this thread is getting awfully long to wade through to find out, but I'm thinking that no one has.) Is the resonance not particularly bothersome?
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #235

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo
Can you post a sound clip by any chance? (My apologies if someone already has---this thread is getting awfully long to wade through to find out, but I'm thinking that no one has.) Is the resonance not particularly bothersome?
I don't have sound clips but there on this thread.

I have the exhaust so I'll chime in;

-MEAN sounding,nice and throatty when above 3.5krpm

-resonance in the 2.5k-3krpm on the 2.5L engine (have yet to install it on my 3.2L)

-resonance is annoying but to me,it's not annoying as people make it be. With the top down(which happens 10 months out of the year) I think very little of the humming sound,especially when I'm blasting the radio

-Seems my 2.5L gained a tiny bit of pep in the upper powerband

-Get this exhaust,drive underneath a tunnel and try telling me it doesn't sound amazing.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #236

hi all. new guy here.

i just installed this exhaust on my 3.2S. great sound, actually not to loud at all, which is what i prefered. it's tough to quantify, but it gives good tone at all rev ranges without being obnoxious at all.

however, i do have the dreaded resonance/drone at around 2300 - 3000 rpm, and i REALLY want to get rid of it. you never realize how much time you spend in that range until you have resonance there!

searching the internet, it seems like there are a few potential solutions:

1. adding a cross-pipe between the mufflers. b&b uses this sort of design. since i don't know how their mufflers are designed relative to mine, i don't know if that would work, and it seems pretty invasive/risky.
2. adding a venturi into the pipe right after the cat. hmmm... that could be a relatively cheap/quick thing to try, although i haven't found one yet that's 2".

any other solutions you folks can think of? the droning isn't terrible, but it's also not something i want to live with.

thanks!
Simonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #237

By no means is this an attack on Deluboz but I am just curious, I came across this on 6speedonline. Is it just me or do all of these exhausts look identical and how can Deluboz claim that his exhaust is his exclusive design? Just curious

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126488&highlight=maxspeed

These appear to be IDENTICAL to the eBay exhausts, which are the chinese exhausts sold and rebranded by TopSpeed Auto, Delubozparts, Maxspeed Motorsports and many others.

SpeedTech Boxster exhaust:

http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/img_2552crop.jpg

eBay Delubuzparts boxster exhaust:

eBay Maxspeed Boxster exhaust:

SpeedTech Cayman exhaust:

http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/img_3963.jpg

eBay/Deluboz/TopSpeed Cayman exhaust:

Ebay 425450 exhaust:

Is it just me or do all of these exhausts look identical and how can Deluboz claim that his exhaust is his exclusive design? Just curious
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #238

I do believe you are correct they seem to be a little diffrent than the Chinese exhaust. I'd say they are the same as the Topspeed. I think he changes very little just enough as not to get in trouble as a copy. I own this exhaust and headers for the 3.2L. I can't remember where (wish I did) but I came across the original stuff one night surfing the web. When I had the stuff sitting in my house before I put it on my car, and it was identical. The prices might make you second your thoughts $2,100 for headers and $1,900 for exhaust. The quality on Che's is remarkable and he does sell a lot of Topspeed. I know that it was a perfect fit and I have had no problems with the flange on the headers or internal issues with the exhaust. (over a year) I'd buy his and not the other ones... Hope this helps.
(www.myspace.com/tcechelon)
mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #239

Well since I work only 2 miles from Deluboz I decided to stop by and check it out for myself. What I discovered is that Top Speed and Deluboz are one and the same.

The staff there is super friendly and I decided to buy a 986 exhaust based on the customer service and the positive reviews here. I am looking forward to being able to hear my new toy.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #240

Good customer service?

I ordered one...and from the time my paypal cleared to the time I had shipping confirmation from Che was four hours. Rediculous! What kind of service is that - four hours? Next thing you know he'll be installing it for me as well.

I tell you NOTHING ships in four hours, and I buy a lot of things online. Since I'm already comfortable with the quality from what everybody else has said, this aspect of quality customer service is what makes for repeat business. As I told him, when you come out with a set of rear cat bypass pipes to add to this configuation let me know.

Believe me I'll complain loud when something is wrong, but I also let it be known when something goes right - and this has been a good transaction so far!

Kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote